X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not in shape? or somthing wrong?

Well.
    i had to ask you guys cuple of things
    firts of all. im usually most of the year. doin nothing. no sports. aint runing swiming jym. or anything

well. my point is. every time im going to skiboard. i feal like after 3 mints of blue/black tracks.

So.. whats the problem here?
    Mybe boots not tight?
    mybe thats im not in shape?

No clue. its taking all fun from skiboarding long roads..

thanks for answerring :P
    Cydo (=

Where is it hurting?

I don't tend to do much exercise either, and would say that its surprising how much of a strain skiing/skiboarding/snowboarding can be on the leg muscles. Plus if you're relatively new to a sport (I don't know if you are) then you often find certain muscles aren't quite up to the job.

But...

I just had new ski boots fitted. When I first tried them on, the lean started to fatigue my calf muscles and quads really really quickly. Within ten minutes of standing there trying them on I could feel my legs burning. I bought them and after heat molding and a custom molded insole, that strain went away almost completely. So it might be worth checking your boots.

Oh and welcome to SBOL.

Comment

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...hlight=killing

Comment

I don't really do anything during the off season either and even after taking bout 8 yrs off the slopes I never had anykinds of pains (minus spills) so def check out that link that G put up it will help!!!
        Line Weapons with FF aluminum bindings ...

Originally posted by SkaFreak
        I hate it when I sarcasm all over the place like that.

Comment

Try some of these exercises daily to strengthen leg muscles:

1. Wall sit - "sit" with your back against a wall and legs at 90 degrees as if sitting on a stool but without the stool there, so the wall is supporting you. This targets quads very well. Start on half a minute-one minute nd build up on time.

2. Get in the wall sit position but lying on the floor. Push your knees apart with your hands on the outside of your knees resisting them, then push back the other way, knees together with hands inside. Increase force of hands as your increase repetitions. This should target abductor/adductors (and good for pelvic alignment apparently).

3. Gravity drop - stand on a step with your heels hanging off the end so you are balanced on the balls of your feet. Lower your heels and then bring back up. This will exercise calf muscles. Having something in front to hold on to and steady yourself may help, try and keep upright, don't bend forward.

A hamstring exercise would be good too to keep everything balanced.
          Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
          SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Comment

eh well . bindings mybe got somthing into it?
            mybe need to play with them a bit (front. rare)
            ?

Comment

Working...
            X