Line Recall - kinda.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Recall - kinda.

I'm sure you'd have seen the recall (its apparently quite old) but this thread just popped up on newschoolers about 4frnt rehashing old news to try and make line look bad.

http://www.newschoolers.com/web/foru...ead_id/378097/

This little gem was in a response email from 4frnt

> We are sorry that you intepreted it as a 'low blow' and an
    > attempt to devalue Line's brand. We do not beleive that it is
    > either. The story is simply a satirical commenary on the ski
    > industry's involvement with snow blades. The story does not comment
    > on the quality of Line's skis but rather on its continued involvement
    > with a product that all too often casts a shadow on the sport of
    > skiing that many find embarrassing.
    Embarassing? Fuck 4frnt.

Dude, I hate newschoolers. All they do is hate on us as a new sport and as a community.

I find it embarrasing that anyone on earth is that ignorant, that just pisses me off.
    XsXeX
    Riding Condors
    This bird couldnt fly if it was drunk

Comment

I like a bit of hate, from skiiers and snowboarders its all good. Amuses the hell out of me.

But for a ski company to suggest that skiboarding is embarassing to the sport is not on. Their original article on Line skiboards was kinda funny; that comment from their rep certainly wasnt.

I, as with a lot of skiboarders, also ski (badly). I'm a potential customer... but when a set of skis next reaches the top of shopping my list, they damn sure won't be 4frnt's.

Comment

I just love bs like this... I think its hillarious how most skiers feel superior to skiboarders and feel like they must talk crap... this is embarrasing for a company to be doing it.. I love how they say that its an insult that we call ourselves skiers.. well considering that ive been skiing since I was three and have had more fun skiboarding in the last 2 years then I have my entire life on skis... I would much rather call myself a skiboarder than a skier anyway. originallity is key.. o and I appreciate this article.. cause it narrows down my choice for twins the next time i buy some.. not that I would ever buy 4frnts anyways

Comment

Originally posted by PNPRO View Post
          I just love bs like this... I think its hillarious how most skiers feel superior to skiboarders and feel like they must talk crap... this is embarrasing for a company to be doing it.. I love how they say that its an insult that we call ourselves skiers.. well considering that ive been skiing since I was three and have had more fun skiboarding in the last 2 years then I have my entire life on skis... I would much rather call myself a skiboarder than a skier anyway. originallity is key.. o and I appreciate this article.. cause it narrows down my choice for twins the next time i buy some.. not that I would ever buy 4frnts anyways
          hahaha, yus, its great sometimes. it kinda depends on the person. Ive had skiers 'admire" my boards and ask where I got em, then Ive had others just swear at me for no reason. I call myself a skier, idk, we pretty much are on skis, just shorter and fatter....
          sigpic
          meet me on FB

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=543617644

Line Weapons/jedis
          FF cams/FF alums

Comment

i dont understand newschoolers...
            it seems like every thread i see theyre cursing each other out and arguing about nothing.
            Ill tell you i havent been on this forum at SBOL long, but ive NEVER seen anything like that...
            this place is so chill

Il moros
            Flows
            Chronics

Comment

You know, if I wanted to I have every confidence I could find at bare minimum a blog, a chat room and possibly a site devoted to hating on 42 year old white guys with 3 children who are married to Japanese women. That would be me by the way. Now, I could find that blog/group/site/whatever, read a bunch of stuff and then start pointing out how lame they all are over there. But, the bottom line is I signed up for it by going out there and reading all the crap.

NS is a known quantity. I went there a few times as I was told there was some good stuff to be found. I believe there actually is. I'm just unwilling to wade through the sludge to get to it. If you go there, you're signing up for the abuse. Enjoy your righteous indignation. After, I suggest going about getting a real life.

Almost forgot - and you're gay. (Couldn't resist. I must have read that 2,439 times at NS.)
              "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                Almost forgot - and you're gay. (Couldn't resist. I must have read that 2,439 times at NS.)
                Hahah. I thought it was only the UK skiiers and boarders who called skiboarders gay. Newschoolers and other comments from the US just seem to take the view that its too easy and has no style.

As I said though, I've no problem with skiiers or boarders talking trash - thats a natural part of sport in a way. The thing I couldn't believe was the attitude taken by 4frnt.

But yeah, if you go onto NS, don't expect anything nice to be said about skiboarding. SBOL is definetly a much more chill vibe; and a nicer place to be.. but its a hell of a lot smaller and less active which tends to lend itself more to decent discussion.

Edit: fuck 4frnt!

Comment

Working...
                X