Congrats Kirk!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Kirk!!

let me be the first to say congrats on the 3 metals Kirk!!!! Way to represent!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about how things went over there...
    Line Weapons with FF aluminum bindings ...

Originally posted by SkaFreak
    I hate it when I sarcasm all over the place like that.

Re: Congrats Kirk!!

Originally posted by shaggy433
    let me be the first to say congrats on the 3 metals Kirk!!!! Way to represent!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about how things went over there...
    Absolutely , Way to go Kirk!
    Here are the complete Dubai results :

Day 1. (May 22nd)

Fakie Downhill

MEN

1. Shuichi Ichihashi - JP * GOLD
    2. Kirk Thompson - US * SILVER
    3. Ciprian Staicu - RO * BRONZE

WOMEN

1. Sonia Dragan - RO * GOLD
    2. Chiho Tako - JP * SILVER
    3. Margarita Milentieva - RU * BRONZE

Rail Jam

1. Shinji Osada - JP * GOLD
    2. Nikita Kuznecov - RU * SILVER
    3. Kirk Thompson - US * BRONZE

Day 2 (May 23rd)

Cross

MEN

1. Ciprian Staicu - RO * GOLD
    2. Masashi Kuroda - JP * SILVER
    3. Adrian Stramatararu- RO * BRONZE

WOMEN

1. Chiho Tako - JP * SILVER
    2. Sonia Dragan - RO * GOLD
    3. Margarita Milentieva - RU * BRONZE

Big Air

2. Shuichi Ichihashi - JP * SILVER
    3. Dmitri Makrushin - RU * BRONZE

Day 3 (May 24th)

Slope Style

MEN

2. Dmitri Makrushin - RU * SILVER
    3. Kirk Thompson - US * BRONZE

WOMEN

1. Sakata Tonari - JP * GOLD
    2. Ari Obana - JP * SILVER
    3. Sonia Dragan - RO * BRONZE

Chinese Downhill

1. Masashi Kuroda - JP * GOLD
    2. Nobuhiro Tsuzuki - JP * SILVER
    3. Ciprian Ionut Staicu- RO * BRONZE
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

awesome! Congrats man

I cant wait for the videos.
      "if you would not die for what you do... you might as well be dead." -stalking wolf

Comment

Wow those japs dominate the podiums. What was the rider count per country?

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Congrats Kirk, way to represent man!! You've earned that rider of the year status on SBOL!! Keep up the great work!
          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Nice showing in the park events and fakie downhill kirk. Looks like Revel8 could use some speed behind the team though.
            I do it because I can.
            I can because I want to.
            I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
            '08 KTPs

Comment

way to go Kirk, pretty amazing that revel8 sent 1 team member and brought back 3 medals, not to mention being the only American to place
              Last edited by Greco; 05-25-2008, 08:37 PM.
              you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

congrats my man.... good to see some medal coming back to the states.. and cant wait to see some footy
                Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk S
                  way to go Kirk, pretty amazing that revel8 sent 1 team member and brought back 3 medals, not to mention being the only American to place
                  revel8 would have loved to have sent kirk (and greco, and a whole bunch of riders) but the funds just weren't in the budget after sending so many riders to romania. but kirk didn't want to pass up the opportunity and made the trip on his own. needless to say i'm really proud of him.

g

Comment

Originally posted by Greco
                    revel8 would have loved to have sent kirk (and greco, and a whole bunch of riders) but the funds just weren't in the budget after sending so many riders to romania. but kirk didn't want to pass up the opportunity and made the trip on his own. needless to say i'm really proud of him.

g

hahaha greco would love dubai....oh well if revel8 keeps on growing like it is you'll be able to send everyone and even bring the whole family next year.

Comment

The budget will grow....oh yes...the budget will grow.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

there were like

maybe 15 japanese
                        7/8 russian
                        6/7 romanian
                        1 us
                        1 holland
                        1 czech
                        1 quebec ()
                        1 macedonia
                        1 latvia
                        1 uk

and a few others i think.

it was a good weel, i would write more but i have just got home and are exhausted.
                        all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

Originally posted by Manlenium
                          The budget will grow....oh yes...the budget will grow.
                          In a year or two it will be bigger than saloman, rossignol, atomic and of course LINE, in a year or two at the rate skiboarding is going - it could be a multi million empire
                          Revel8 Revolt Cities, w/ snowjam Extreme II

SNOWS FALLING!!!!!!!!

Comment

here's a quick recap.... I just got back, and am exhausted, so I will say more later.

As far as the actual event went... this was millions of times better than Romania. This was a real event. The organizers at Ski Dubai had everything set up and planned down to the minute. Everything was in place, the obsticales were well made and ready, and the events ran smoothly. The press coverage here was real, and everyone was extremely interested in the sport and how it will revitalize the Ski Dubai complex. The entire event was televised, and there were numerous interviews with different TV, radio, and newspapers. There was a downside in that the events were scheduled around the TV time, but compared to Romania, event wise this was millions of times better.

There is much much more to discuss, but I'm exhausted right now. It was awesome to get to ride with everyone again, and meet a lot of new people.

I know some of you had doubts about Serge, but he is serious about this sport and is still absolutely killing it. He has some great ideas for helping the sport progress, and hopefully will play a bigger role next season.

The best part about this event was that we were actually able to ride real features with awesome riders from all over the world. This is what made this event fun. If anyone has any questions, post and I will try to answer. I'm going to pass out for a while.

later

kirk

Comment

Wow sounds like you had a great time Kirk! Can't wait to hear more about it. Hey do you know any of the stations over there that carried it that we may be able to see some replays that they may have posted online?
                              Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                              X