100 degrees- Part 2 - Jeff Singer Custom Sherpa Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 degrees- Part 2 - Jeff Singer Custom Sherpa Mod

The mad scientist of skiboarding has got to be Jeff Singer of Spruce .. even though the market for backcountry skiboarding gear is next to nothing . Jeff's restless mind keeps coming up with home runs for us backcountry skiboarding types... Last year I was fortunate enough to test his Spruce powder plate /touring riser combo , which I have used on my Sherpa , Spruce 120 , Lacroix 125 , and Alp 110 boards with great success .. more info here :

http://www.sbol.ws/vbulletin/upload/...&threadid=4583

However , Jeff and I have had discussions of somehow getting a lighter weight Fritschi mount on the Sherpa . We backcountry skiboarders , are very finicky about having the least amount of weight on our feet to hoof up the hill .

Jeff came up with a very cool custom mount that involved putting two additional inserts ahead of the front insert on the sherpa and two additional inserts behind the back inserts . He then created a custom thin metal plate that was drilled to accept my Fritschi front and back binding pieces and Voila' a new custom Sherpa is born !

Here is a pic

Here is a more detailed view of the "Low rider" plates and my Fritschii Explore binding mounted on them

Raising the Fritschi Explore binding just a bit allowed me to use B and D ski gear ski crampon attachments that I drilled into the Sherpa , allowing me to use b and d ski crampons which are very , very useful in climbing icy spring terrain especially traversing steep angled slopes .. .

This rig is absolutely fantastic to climb with and also is a lightweight downhill performer , that is a joy to ride .. It of course , unlike the powder plate , touring riser combo , comes in only one possible binding position , center mount , but hey , Skafeak has told me he doesn't need no stinking powder plates and I am hell bent to become a complete all condition center mount poleless skiboarder and this backcountry rig is just the ticket ..

By the way center mount is absolutely the best position for climbing on a skiboard , you have the best grip for steep climbing and the best flotation fore and aft in deep pow .. ..
    Last edited by jjue; 05-17-2008, 08:50 PM.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

wow you guys are really advancing the aspect of backcountry/touring skiboarding...pretty much all by yourselves (i think there are a few others) Keep pushing the envelope guys

Comment

Nice rig. Your going to need a bus to haul your collection one of these days..

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Working...
      X