Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 degrees at home and went Skiboarding today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 degrees at home and went Skiboarding today!

Ok , all the ski areas are closed in the tahoe area .. it is over 100 degrees in Sacramento and all I can think of is I am going skiboarding today , boy am I lucky ! My wife thinks I have lost my mind ... my buddy , Michael , however knows that I know were there is still snow that has not turned to slush !

Ok early , start , left Sacto a 600am and arrive here at 730am , Not bad right !!!

Ski area is closed , but no problem with climbing as this is on leased Forest service land . (Sign says "NO SNOWMOBILING , VIOLATERS WILL BE PROSECUTED )

Here we are eager to go emptying out my van ..
    My buddy , Michael ( in the picture) , a confirmed long ski telemark skier tried my Fritschi mounted Icelantic Scouts , one time in the backcountry and went whole hog and bought himself a whole AT set up with brand new Icelantic Scouts , everything on end of season sale ... LOL , my Sherpas although only 130 cm to his 143 cm Scouts look bigger .. the tips are certainly bigger at 160mm compared to his 140mm tips .. got to love the new Icelantic graphics however !!

Ok, got to get to the top of this ski area we need to hoof it ,no stinking lifts for us ...

Here I am pushing up the slope on my Sherpas

Those with eagle eyes may notice something strange about my Sherpa's where is your touring riser , Jack??? .... Ah ha !! more to come about this special Jeff Singer Custom board modification in part 2 of this opus !

Michael , always , one to test himself chooses the steepest way up the hill , I chose a less intimidating route to the top

Here is a view up toward the top , still plenty of snow and all kinds of descent routes and absolutely nobody around

Great fun coming down

but again those with eagle eyes will notice a ski pole in my right hand , what is that for jack ?? ah ha , more to come in part 3 !!!
    Last edited by jjue; 05-17-2008, 07:03 PM.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

I want snow
    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

hey jack, i gotta say your a lucky man....id love to come out and join you one of these years

Comment

Found where im living, in 40 years when I retire.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Jack, you are so dang funny!!!!! That is cool!!!!! And it really was 100 degrees out!
          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Working...
          X