Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skiboarding on anything other than snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets see some pictures maybe we can help you with what your doing wrong
    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

well i have none but we got some plasticy green grass stuff and staked it down on my little hill. We got it real wet with a hose but when we went down we got stuck and didnt slide. I belive we need a starting ramp or something......
      Air 77s
      ALLZ 09 w/ grooves

Comment

yeah a ramps helps use soap detergent I saw that in a video once makes it more slippery
        you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

i guese ill try it but it probably wont work. Any other ideas for summer riding?
          Air 77s
          ALLZ 09 w/ grooves

Comment

you can use that orange snowfence stuff....im pretty sure. Go on newschoolers and search for summer set ups...they have lots of good stuff on there.

What i have read involves these materials
            Orange Snowfence
            Astroturf + Soap/Water
            Carpet +Soap/Water
            Carpet with Snowgel

Comment

ok ty
              Air 77s
              ALLZ 09 w/ grooves

Comment

http://www.backyardterrainpark.com/
                "if you would not die for what you do... you might as well be dead." -stalking wolf

Comment

Wow, that would be sweet.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

I'm just curious how many of you ride inline skates or do watersports in the summer? Here in Florida we have numerous skate parks including one's managed in municipal parks. For us, once the season is over, it is off to the skate parks or water. This weekend for me was spent at an island ski party in Palm Bay and wakeskating 4 miles down the St John's River.

We also have a place called Orlando Watersports Complex where one can ride pretty much any time. They have rails and jumps and all kinds of neat stuff set up. It is a little expensive for me since I have a boat and I find riding behind that more fun since I don't ride rails or hit kickers. I would recommend instead of finding ways to continue snowboarding trying a different sport that gives you a similar rush. I am a bit of an adrenalin junkie so watersports suit my fancy perfectly.
                    H2O Junkie
                    "If your cheeks aren't flapping in the wind, you aren't going fast enough!"

Dynastar Twins, Summit Marauders, HO 720, O Brien Pro Trac, KD Evolution Carbon, Hyperlite Scape 116, O'Brien Swindle 139, Liquid Force Venture

Comment

i started skating last year....and i gotta say its alot of fun, but im not a big fan of falling on asphalt....cuz it sucks lol

Comment

thats y i dont do it
                        Air 77s
                        ALLZ 09 w/ grooves

Comment

that orlando watersports complex looks cool but you would never find me playing in lakes down in fl. lol not a big fan of gators
                          Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

The last thing any 'Gator wants to meet is the business end of a prop behind a 300+ hp boat spinning in excess of 3,500 rpms. At that speed, even a 'Gator is going to know it got whacked! BTW, did you know there is no recorded instance of a 'Gator attacking a skier? For the sake of knowing, the reason for that is because skiers are generally being pulled pretty well off the shoreline and the noise from the boat usually deters them.
                            H2O Junkie
                            "If your cheeks aren't flapping in the wind, you aren't going fast enough!"

Dynastar Twins, Summit Marauders, HO 720, O Brien Pro Trac, KD Evolution Carbon, Hyperlite Scape 116, O'Brien Swindle 139, Liquid Force Venture

Comment

i think he meant the florida gators
                              the orange and blue ones

Comment

i think i finally came up with a better cheaper idea. I think we r going to line up PVC pipe maybe like 3 feet wide down our hill. Then we use grass stuff on our jump and box. We also have a rail. Please comment on this.
                                Air 77s
                                ALLZ 09 w/ grooves

Comment

Working...
                                X