Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does skiboarding feel different from skiing ?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greco
    replied
    Originally posted by mahatma View Post

A gaper is one who gapes. One who stands around with mouth open.
    From urban dictionary: Usually distinguished by their bright colored clothes and a gaper gap, the gap between goggles and a helment/hat.

Leave a comment:

• leptisuisse
    replied
    leptisuisse is a contraction for "le petit Suisse"
    Translation for "the small swiss guy"
    You would pronounce it like"leu pte su ess" I suppose....
    At least I would...

PEACE
    Yves

Leave a comment:

• TheGoudaDoctor
    replied
    Oh yeah dude, I dig that, but how do you say leptisuisse?

Leave a comment:

• leptisuisse
    replied
    You pronounce my name like you would say
    "ev" from the word "evening"

PEACE
    Yves

Leave a comment:

• TheGoudaDoctor
    replied
    Excellent dude. Id get you a real nice one, but I cant provide for myself let alone anyone else! hahaha.

Oh yeah dude, and now that were on better terms, I must ask you how your name is pronounced.

Leave a comment:

• leptisuisse
    replied
    GoudaDoctor,

No harm taken.
    Seriously, It actually put a smile on my face because I thought you were talking about my clothing style too.
    It is indeed a 13 years old jacket but I like it and I prefer spending my money on buying new boards than clothing.

Maybe it is time to ask for a new Jacket for Christmas ?
    Anyone ???

PEACE
    Yves

Leave a comment:

• TheGoudaDoctor
    replied
    Originally posted by leptisuisse View Post
    Excuse my ignorance of the English language, but...
    what is a "SERIOUS gaper " ???
    Aw dude, I didnt mean that in a deragatory way at all. I havent a doubt in my mind that you dont shred gnar, I was just ripping on the seemingly oldskool jacket, no harm intended at all.

Sorry about that one man, I can come across as malicious on occaision. But as Mahatma has said, 'Shit happens'.

Leave a comment:

• mahatma
    replied
    Greco,

Oh man, that hurt. They'd be snowboarding? Damn. Well, I guess the truth ain't always pretty. Ha ha. There is little doubt that snowboarding has become something very, very different than it was. I remember a few moons ago almost wanting to throw up when I seen a sign at the entrance of a feature park that said "No Skiers".

I'm sort of partial to the saying "It was better when you didn't like us". It was.

Leave a comment:

• mahatma
    replied
    Leptisuisse,

A gaper is one who gapes. One who stands around with mouth open. In other words stops to take in the scenery. However, the term is condescending. It implies lack of skills and cool. I said that simply for definition purposes. Ignore the comment. It is in no way indicative of the people in this forum. Gouda should be ashamed of himself.

Who pulled this old thread up? Neat. jjue is always awesome. I'm considering building a pyramid.

Leave a comment:

• leptisuisse
    replied
    Excuse my ignorance of the English language, but...
    what is a "SERIOUS gaper " ???

Leave a comment:

• shims
    replied
    hes not that bad pretty much every one out in michigan is either a freestyle ski/snowboard/skiboarder, or a major gaper
    one guy always wears his flourecent yellow/ pink combo jump suit when he skis
    he also uses his racing skis to go off jumps and he kicks his skis in the air and looks like an idiot

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    for the others, what makes him a gaper? many on here won't care though because if they worried about what other people thought they would be snowboarding. i bet a lot of members have never even heard that term.

Leave a comment:

• tyberesk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGoudaDoctor View Post
    I dont wanna sound critical or mean, but that Leptisuisse guy looks like a SERIOUS gaper.
    ...dude

Leave a comment:

• TheGoudaDoctor
    replied
    I dont wanna sound critical or mean, but that Leptisuisse guy looks like a SERIOUS gaper.

Leave a comment:

• evanthehunter
    replied
    Originally posted by mahatma View Post
    evanthehunter,

Great. One more skiboarder who makes me feel like I took the "short bus" to the resort. 20 seconds to figure out how to carve properly. @!$*)((^#. Ha ha. Very, very glad you made the scene.
    yah, but I had at least a year of skiing every weekend, I ice skate, and I rollerblade, so yah , with skiing its pretty much the same thing, just with skiboards they dont have much of an edge and feel like ur slipping around at first.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X