Who is going to Dubai??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mctwist311
    avg. prices for gas in the us is 350 some places are higher some lower but that is too the gallon damn you guys pay allot for gas that is if my conversion is right 1lbs equals 2$ not exactly but pretty close and i think almost for liters is equal to a gallon so you guys are paying like 4+ per gallon with the conversion.
    yeah, so US shouldnt cry for prices .. they are still LOW !

oh and about places: how cheap/exp. is to go to Dubai - or to go to US... ? i think US is cheaper to everyone!

Comment

Well come on over to the US!!!! that would be amazing to have any major Skiboard event here!!!!!
      Just gotta decide where and when... I would not even suggest this time of year, way to slushy and don't always have much snow this time of year; this season we do but it was a superior snowfall! But still too warm out.

$3.85 is our average unleaded price, just on the local news last night. I paid $3.74 yesterday morning.
      Diesel is $4.45- we use both fuel types in my family. We paid $4.19 diesel in Tahoe over the weekend, cheapest we saw all the way home was $4.02 cash price for diesel since that was what we were using for the trip.

Might be time for one of those hybrid cars! But the monthly car payments I'd have will just not justify the switch unless I could buy the hybrid outright which I in no way can!
      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

1 us gallon =3.79 litre
        $2.11 us = £1.07

so we can do the math......
        3.79*£1.07=4.0553
        £4.0553=$7.99218524

yes we here in the U.S. should not be bitching about gas prices at all

*sorry but I hate hearing about our high prices here....I don't like it much either but there is nothing that we can do about it. Its just going to keep going up and up....
        Last edited by shaggy433; 04-10-2008, 05:52 PM.
        Line Weapons with FF aluminum bindings ...

Originally posted by SkaFreak
        I hate it when I sarcasm all over the place like that.

Comment

we're at 1.20 $ CAD per litre in montreal...

that 4.50 $ per gallon
          Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

How did the who's going to Dubai post turn into a discussion on international fuel prices?

I would love to go, sounds great, and I think the marketing department out there are going to do there best to make it a success since its probably realy rather important to them. Plus with snow made on demand they should be able to make what ever features they/we want!

Am still tring to find out if those of us who didn't qualify will have to pay for accomidation. I hope not cus I think that would make it a no go for a lot of us!
            Last edited by Olly; 04-11-2008, 07:13 AM.

Comment

it'd be sick if you could come olly!
              all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

I live here and there is a population of 0 Skiboarders, Salamon snowblades are rentable at the place but they suck. Good thing with ski dubai is the snow is amde out of water left over from the Air Conditioning from the mall, meaning there helping the enviroment ith this place! I personally know the nguy who designs our park here and i can say we already have a sick park up on freestyle night which are very fortnight, Heres a few pics of the park-

and a sweet little vid for you guys-

Obviously bigger and better kickers will be added for the event.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez-H_RVjBIE
                Last edited by DUBAISKI; 05-03-2008, 03:43 AM.

Comment

jump in that vid is way too small and those rails kinda look weak too. is it just me or is this gonna be a sucky cup this year
                  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by mctwist311
                    jump in that vid is way too small and those rails kinda look weak too. is it just me or is this gonna be a sucky cup this year
                    There not perenant so they have to remove them and put them back for comps and stuff, there are other kickers that there not aloud to put up for smaller comps like those ones becase of safty reason but they opened them when terje and his fourum crew came out so they will open them up for you guys, also the raisl arnt sketch and only afew are shown in the vid, new rainbow and other cool stuffs are being built too.

Comment

Another little vid showing some of the new rails, also if you look behing the guy who gave the boarder a Hi five you can see one of the bigger kickers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEsvf...eature=related

Comment

There are many boxes, rails, kickers, even a quarter pipe available @ Ski-Dubai. We talked, weeks ago, all tech aspects with JC Four top Pros evaluated the features & tech details and all are happy.
                        Two experts will arrive @ Ski-Dubai in 10 days to arrange the best possible courses.
                        www.worldskiboard.com

Comment

Working...
                        X