Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When in doubt about releaseable bindings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When in doubt about releaseable bindings...

Wear releasable bindings!

I got my brand new Revolts at the start of this fall season, and fell mid season, and ripped my MCL. I bought the nonrelease because i'm a broke bastard and they were cheap, but I could have saved up for releasable if I really tried. If i had releasable bindings it would not have happened. I know most of you like the non-release, but I just thought I might save someone some PAIN and MONEY by letting them hear my story. If you think you should maybe get releasable but don't have the cash, just save up. I'm not saying they're for everyone, but if you think you should maybe get releasable, do yourself a favor and get them.
    Well back to P.T.'n my knee so I can get back out there next season w/ my new releasable bindings :P

hey ur another michigan rider anyways it depends how tall are u because i use non release bindings and have no problem im 5' 10"
    sigpic
    skiboards:
    Salomon Snowblde 88cm/1998
    BWP'08 w/snow jam extreme 2

Comment

Shim, it's not just height that matters. That's just kinda the rule of thumb so you don't have them on boards longer than you should. Even on short boards you have to be careful about how you fall on them. Sorry to hear about your injury cook1tj.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

oh sorry
        sigpic
        skiboards:
        Salomon Snowblde 88cm/1998
        BWP'08 w/snow jam extreme 2

Comment

No problem shims, just making sure that people didn't get a false sense of security just from the fact that they met the height requirement. The risk is always there, but it can be minimized by riding boards that are within the range you should be riding and falling right.
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

Re: When in doubt about releaseable bindings...

Originally posted by cook1tj
            Wear releasable bindings!

I got my brand new Revolts at the start of this fall season, and fell mid season, and ripped my MCL. I bought the nonrelease because i'm a broke bastard and they were cheap, but I could have saved up for releasable if I really tried. If i had releasable bindings it would not have happened. I know most of you like the non-release, but I just thought I might save someone some PAIN and MONEY by letting them hear my story. If you think you should maybe get releasable but don't have the cash, just save up. I'm not saying they're for everyone, but if you think you should maybe get releasable, do yourself a favor and get them.
            Well back to P.T.'n my knee so I can get back out there next season w/ my new releasable bindings :P
            Cook1tj,

Sorry to hear about your injury. I broke my leg skiing Groove 82's with Bomber elites back in 2002. I rode them for 4 years before that happened. Releasables only for me now. Hopefully, you'll be as good as new next season.

Wendell
            Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
            Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
            Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Working...
            X