Snow=Wet, Camera+Snow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow=Wet, Camera+Snow...

Godofmedia and I are going skiing this Sunday at Brandywine, and I want to take my camera but have no protection for it. Does anybody have any good ideas on waterproofing it so I don't ruin it? My idea involved plastic wrap...
    Last edited by Gracker; 03-18-2008, 07:27 PM.
    Originally posted by Gracker
    Who would quote themself?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Revel8 Trees 105CM
    Spruce Pro Lite Risers

Yeah, don't get it wet! Actually you probably won't have a problem unless you really get it soaked. I am VERY experienced at ruining cameras as a sports photographer. I have submerged two cameras in lakes while shooting water ski events. I would recommend using a fanny pack that is water resistant to carry it in. That will keep it dry while you aren't using it. Unless you are in the middle of a wet, heavy snow storm, the short time while you use it won't kill it.
    H2O Junkie
    "If your cheeks aren't flapping in the wind, you aren't going fast enough!"

Dynastar Twins, Summit Marauders, HO 720, O Brien Pro Trac, KD Evolution Carbon, Hyperlite Scape 116, O'Brien Swindle 139, Liquid Force Venture

Comment

i carry it in a backpack ...so then i can hit rails and stuff and not havta worry about it

Comment

shit, I hope the tables are still there, I want to huck some huge ones.
        Revel8 ALPdors
        Gold Revel8 Receptors
        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
        ____
        Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
        If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia
          I want to huck some huge ones.
          explain that procedure to me...
          Originally posted by Gracker
          Who would quote themself?
          Image and video hosting by TinyPic
          Revel8 Trees 105CM
          Spruce Pro Lite Risers

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Fo' Sheezy
            explain that procedure to me...
            That would be huck as opposed to hock. Since you can't spit tables (unless maybe you are Chuck Norris or something), he plans to relocate the terrain park to a new location by HUCKING it up the hill.

Since the word "huck" is a slang term, let me help you in its meaning. It refers to moving a large object on one's back. Used in a sentence it would be as follows: GodofMedia hucked that table all the way to the top of the mountain.

Last edited by H2O Junkie; 03-15-2008, 03:49 AM.
            H2O Junkie
            "If your cheeks aren't flapping in the wind, you aren't going fast enough!"

Dynastar Twins, Summit Marauders, HO 720, O Brien Pro Trac, KD Evolution Carbon, Hyperlite Scape 116, O'Brien Swindle 139, Liquid Force Venture

Comment

or throw some huge airs, either one though.
              Revel8 ALPdors
              Gold Revel8 Receptors
              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
              ____
              Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Working...
              X