spreading the word stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spreading the word stories

Just wondering how everyone goes about spreading the skiboard word on and off the mountain.

I always keep a few r8 flyers in my jacket when I'm out so if I see a snowblader I can hunt them down and give them one, along with an explanation of what skiboards are. So far I've had several who seemed very interested, some might even be on the forum now.

I also made a post about skiboards in the off topic section of another forum and shortly after recieved this PM:

Hey Dusty (my name on the other forum) You've got me very interested in Skiboards now. Know of any good places on the net or in the area to pick up a decent set (used if just fine) for cheap? I might be heading out to the mountain this weekend. Since I've outgrown my snowboard, I'm looking to try something different...

I've since told him all about SBOL, R8, and everything else skiboard related, and hopefully he'll be rockin some revolts soon.

talking to baffled people.
    all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

Hey, is there a link to this flyer so I can print some out and start handing them out as well?
      Always on the brink of success or insanity!

Comment

I think the flyers they are talking about are the Revel8 ones that G will send you a stack of if you order something or send him a SASE letting him know that you want some.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

i tell everyone... even my moms
          SkiBoarding and Subaru STi's fo life

Comment

Most of my skiboard conversations start up in lift lines or on the lift. I've had a couple parents ask about my boards because their kids have asked for them. I've also talked to a couple snowboard kids and a few skiers who were curious. I've only had on conversation with a 'blader, but he was really interested in my boards. Unfortunately, I didn't have any fliers with me, but I did tell him about SBOL.
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I hand out a few flyers everytime I go out these days. Convos usually start up on the lift or in the lift line.

The bladers i talk too want to know why my stuff is better then theirs..... I tell them its as simple as construction, performance, speed, handling.

Ive got alot of comments on the bombers lately because they are metal. I guess it catches their eye, instead of the plastic on all the blades they see.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Me...

I'm spreading the word here...

http://www.j2ski.com/ski-chat-forum/...274.page#10596

Comment

great post!!!!!

g

Comment

been handin out flyers everywhere and telling anyone who asks what those are where they can get them. oh and i also had my girl put some flyers in the girls bathroom at creek trying to bring more ladies to the sport..... and throwing some crazy stuff and when the snowboarders and twintippers ask if those are allot of fun i tell them ive skied and snowboarded for many years and would not go back scince i started skiboarding
                    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

i would like to acquire some of theres so called flyers that every one talks about. is there a link or something, or did u just make one up?
                      Boards:
                      Line mnp (bug)
                      Revel8 revolt (cites)
                      Bindings:
                      Line ffpro (gold/orange)

Comment

There's been posts about this, just send G a self addressed stamped envelope and let him know you want some. they're actual nice flyers printed up on glossy and everything.
                        I do it because I can.
                        I can because I want to.
                        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                        '08 KTPs

Comment

o i thought u were talking about a different flyer
                          Boards:
                          Line mnp (bug)
                          Revel8 revolt (cites)
                          Bindings:
                          Line ffpro (gold/orange)

Comment

I handed out tons of last year's postcards, I think alot of people picked up on the sport. Alot of people show interest in the releasable bindings option now too.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Working...
                            X