We need some help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need some help!!!

Ok here is my problem. We have been shooting quite a bit of footage. And now that I have my condors we need to find a way to get a few shots of me and Adam on them on the computer. We have been shooting with a hi8 sony cam. It does really well and I know how to use it . The problem is that we dont have the converter to transfer the images to the computer. Do any of you fine folks have the majical piece that we need. Please dont tell me to just up grade my camera because that isnt an option. So if someone could help us out in one way or another we would really appreciate it. There might even be a prize involved.OH BOY
    live it, love it,rip it!!

I do have a capture card on my computer. I've used my old Hi8 that busted and recorded video to my PC with it. The quality isn't as nice as what you'd see out of a newer camera, but it's not horrible.

If you want to send it here I could do it for you, but I'd need your camera too because mine busted and I never got a chance to replace it yet...
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

you would'nt want to take it out and sell it to us would you?It would be worth your while.

Comment

hey brett just wondering can you output your camera to RCA jacks if you can, buy yourself a TV turner card for your pc that way you can just record it onto the pc in what ever format you want.

Plus you can plug your TV into and record programs you would like to watch when your not home.

If you don't have a way to output it to RCA then I'm not quit sure what to do

Check these out
        http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...cts/PCTV/PCTV/
        I personally would get the USB one and then get one of those s-video to RCA cables

Never used a Hi8 video camera have no idea what the outputs are just some of my ideas
        Last edited by Kirk S; 12-15-2007, 08:35 AM.
        you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

what does brett need exactly. i'll get it for him.

g

Comment

Depends on the model most of the Sony Hi8's only came with av and svideo outputs for these you would need a tv tuner card or one of the high end graphics cards that have video inputs. If it is one of the few that have Sony's equivlent of firewire (can't remember what they called it, but it is firewire just named different) you are in much better shape you would just need a fire wire cable which plugs into camcorder and usb on computer which is relatively cheap.

Comment

I used to do a lot of Hi-8 video capturing at my old job. We'd use those real tiny Hi-8 players. They would connect via firewire. The quality would be as good as it could get out of a Hi-8 tape and you could control it remotely through your video editing software. It's your best bet if you're looking for serious editing. Here is one http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-GV-D800-Dig...QQcmdZViewItem

They are a bit expensive...400 isn't a bad price.

Another option is to pick up a Dazzle from the local Best Buy/Amazon/Tigerdirect.

http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-23010...7740947&sr=8-1

Either way...Good Luck Broseph...
              2007 BWP / 2007 Spruce 120 / Spruce Pro Lite Riser
              Dalbello Krypton Rampage Boots

Co-founder of Team DBAP: snowboarders, skiers, skiboarders...zero hate

Comment

Brett, do you guys have a desktop computer? If so I have a TV tuner card that will work for it lying around. If you don't have a desktop, then I can recommend a couple of TV tuner cards for G to get for you. Last of all, generally the capture software that comes with those cards sucks, so if you guys need help with any software related issues, I can help with that. I can already tell you that you'll probably need virtutaldubmod (it's free software, just google it), but depending on what format you want the videos in, you might need another converter. Anyways, good luck with that method. It's what I'll be using this season too, filming with an old school early 90's 8mm. If you still are planning on coming down to Taos for the freeride comp, think we might be able to get in some filming time? I unfortunately don't have a tripod or know anyone that great with a camera.
                I do it because I can.
                I can because I want to.
                I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                '08 KTPs

Comment

We have a computer just for the video editing process. So yes we have 2 desk tops.

Comment

This is the one I was talking about if the other option doest work out Brett

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...+Pro+Stick.htm
                    it will also give you the flexibility of transferring your video onto anyones PC when you travel
                    Last edited by Kirk S; 12-15-2007, 04:31 PM.
                    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Going to romainia is what i am trying to do first. If I can juggle taos with work" I think I can" than I am sure there will be time to film. If you have what we need it would be sick if you could hook it up. I really want to get some condor shots on the website for all you guys and gals to drool over. Let me know whats up and I will give you a po box to send it to.

Comment

Yea Brett get a capture card, that's what I have and it'll save you a lot of time from sending me all your stuff, plus I'll be honest, with having a job more than an hour from home and a 3 year old, it'd take me a while to get to it. All the other suggestions are great options.
                        Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                        X