good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news

the national ski patrol is look at making skiboards legal to be ridden while working. sometime the middle of this winter they will be doing there tests. so keep your fingers crossed. G might need your help.
    Last edited by Greco; 11-20-2007, 04:23 PM.
    "1 out of every 10 adults suffers from alcoholism and 2 out of 5 teens 12-18 suffer the same".

That'd be pretty sweet.
    Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
    Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

yeah but i wonder if that'll cover non-releasables.
      105 Revel8 EMP w/ Extreme II's
      99 Strictly Stolas w/Extreme II's
      Nordica Smartech boots

Comment

That would be sweet.....

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

probly have to ribe with spruse risers
          "1 out of every 10 adults suffers from alcoholism and 2 out of 5 teens 12-18 suffer the same".

Comment

Id like to be on a ski patrol and ride my skiboards, I dont see why they wouldn't allow it.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Yeah that sucks... but I doubt they would let you use non-releasables, because when you have to help someone, your'e supposed to take off your skis/snowboard and help them, while you stick your skis into the snow like a cross to warn others....
              (Not sure what snowboarders are supposed to do)

I'm just guessing, they worry the ski boards will slide into a ditch when you take them off to help the guy, the same way I lost one of my snowblades..... (which is how I discovered ski boarding :P)

No idea if this means Canadian Ski Patrol can use ski boards or not though >_>
              2014 Revel8 "Rockered" Blunts 88cm w/ SIMS Softboot Bindings
              2009 Bluemoris Brew-Rider 99cm w/ Zero Pro Bindings
              2008 Snowjam Twin 90cm w/ Snowjam Extreme II Bindings
              2014 Burton Driver X Snowboard Boots
              Atomic Bi-Tech 90 Boots

Comment

it seems like skiboards would be of more benefit to ski patrol due to being really manueverable, helping them to get into tight spots better.

When they have to carry someone down on a stretcher, having two giant long skis seems like its more of a hinderance than a help, and the larger skiboards are certainly stable enough to do the job.

I think its a brilliant idea, I reckon that they should be able to use non-release though, they can still take them off and put them in the snow as a cross?

and if they know how to fall properly they wont be risking injury themselves (to such a degree)
                all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

If they're worried about having them slide away you could always use the spruce risers with wide brakes. (they come on the pro prime)
                  Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
                  Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Originally posted by nate
                    If they're worried about having them slide away you could always use the spruce risers with wide brakes. (they come on the pro prime)
                    or just lay them bindings down

Comment

i'd love to do ski patrol on skiboards, it would combine two of my favorite activities: skiing and first-aid (yes i am a boy scout so deal)
                      105 Revel8 EMP w/ Extreme II's
                      99 Strictly Stolas w/Extreme II's
                      Nordica Smartech boots

Comment

Originally posted by Greco
                        or just lay them bindings down
                        yes that is what i said to but they strongly feel that they are to long not to have a releas binding on them. so the spruce pro would be a great way to go i think. it just has to be proven to them that they are capable of handeling all the tarain that a mt has to throw at them. i dont know if this will include canada i think they have there own game up there.

Comment

I'm a patroller, and I go out on skiboards.

Nobody really cares. I'm a volunteer patroller, fwiw. I typically don't wear my patrol jacket if I'm messing around and doing stupid stuff on skiboards. If I'm just skiing and not doing stupid stuff and falling, I have been known to wear my jacket while doing that.

Gets a little boring when the only one run and half a terrain park is open at the local ski area for a few weeks.

Comment

One thing, though-
                            No way in hell I would do toboggan handling on skiboards. I did hear of a local guy who did his toboggan training on crappy snowblades, though. How he could stop the toboggan on ice or similar, I really don't know. I never tried toboggan handling with skiboards, but I could see the toboggan overpowering you, if someone were in it, and you tried to quickly stop.

Comment

iv run it newerus time and never had a proble.and it will be a sactioned thing by natial skipatrol.

Comment

Working...
                              X