"Telebladeur"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Telebladeur"

I was checking out that skibuilders.com web site to see if anyone had built any custom skiboards , unfortunately you get kind of the same uppity attitude most skiers have toward skiboards , but all was not lost .. .I found in this thread pics of the sweet gear of another " teleblader" .. I thought I had coined the term but actually I was beaten to the punch by "Telebladeur" a Frenchie !

http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/vi...ight=skiboards

Hey , maybe I can find this Frenchie and have a Teleblader convention !

Teleblading is a cool variation of skiboarding and you can vary between traditional flat foot turns and telemark turns ..

Here is some teleblading on the Spruce 120
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W65gMf2-isM

And here is some teleblading on my Summit 110 ... sorry about the poles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJB0t_4FNI
    Last edited by jjue; 09-20-2007, 08:56 PM.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

jack you guys MUST meet!

Comment

Yeah G .. big convention of two folks!

Besides telemarking , there is a another way of getting out into the backcountry with skiboards . That is Randonee or Alpine Touring (AT) where you have a free heel going up and then lock the heel for a fully releasable standard alpine binding going down . With Jeff Singer's new touring plate and Fritschi adapter for his 10 x4 insert equipped 120 and 130 Longboards this will be a cool option for skiboarders to explore . Maybe I won't be so alone in the backcountry when some of you folks join me . While telemarkers and AT skiers have often been taking pot shots at each other they do seem to agree that skiboards suck especially for the backcountry ! Oh well , they don't know what they are missing !!

Here is pretty funny vid , that is a classic exploring the differences between Alpine Touring (Randonee) Backcountry riding and Telemark riding ...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...27588189988961
      Last edited by jjue; 09-21-2007, 07:24 AM.
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

That video was excellent. I had never heard of AT skiing before.

I never really understood telemarking. How does that style help in the backcountry setting? Does the free-heel style help you float more easily?
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1
          That video was excellent. I had never heard of AT skiing before.

I never really understood telemarking. How does that style help in the backcountry setting? Does the free-heel style help you float more easily?
          Ok , I love telemarking but here is the big secret from a functional standpoint having your heel free going down is NO help at all ! In pretty much all conditions having your heel flat and riding skis or skiboards regular style is more efficient ... what the vid sort of brought out , is that those of us who love telemarking love the FEEL of the turn ... the turn is way smooth and surfy feeling and makes you feel like you are kind of on a single monoboard rather two boards ..
          Now here is another secret .. on skiboards with telemark bindings , the boards are so easy to turn , that even without your heel locked down like in an AT binding you can turn the board easily in deep pow and backcountry conditions just riding with your foot flat to the board and weighting your heels just like you would do with your regular skiboard bindings ... It just is way cool to vary the turn when ever you want and throw in telemark turns or regular skiboard turns as your mood changes... ... as all of us know, skiboards are off the map fun to begin with .... Adding this variety to my skiboards has made them even more enjoyable to me both in the ski area and in the backcountry .... You DO need to mount telemark bindings way back on skiboards if you want to telemark with them in pow because if you don't you will certainly dive the rear raised heel skiboard and faceplant !
          Boards :
          Boots
          Bindings:

Comment

Ok, well that clears that up for me. Thanks for the explanation.
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
            X