Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugarloaf ME- WHERE ARE THE SKIBOARDERS?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugarloaf ME- WHERE ARE THE SKIBOARDERS?!

Well, I spent this past weekend skiing at Sugarloaf ME, and it was AWESOME!!!! We had a big snowfall on Friday night, and the mountian got (I think) 2' of new powder, on top of the 55" of packed powder they already had(great conditions considering what a shitty winter we've had.) I skiied on my stupid Rossi 154's because I still dont have the skiboards I want.

Anyway, I am sad to say that the whole two days I spent there, all over the mountian (except for the black and double black trails) I only saw one pair of skiboards, and they were a short, old pair (didn't catch the name...... they were red white and blue striped, but not the old snowjams that had that look.) The lady using them was skiing down with her DOG with whom she had hiked up the back side of the mountain. She carried the skiboards because they are light (she said.) She also added that that was all she ever used them for because they are so "squirrely." ::sigh::

I considered the fact that maybe I didn't see any skiboarders because I was on regular skis, but I assure you that I keep my eyes peeled for skibboards just to see what people are riding, and I saw none. So, I think that any skiboarder in the northeast should head out and invade Sugarloaf! It was an awesome mountain, their parks looked great (I didn't ski in them) and the whole place was very nice. Spring skiing up here should be awesome.
    http://www.glintofhope.com

I've seen those before, didn't K2 make a pair with red white and blue stripes? I think those might have been old fatty boards. I will make 2 posts attaching fatty's in two different years that were red white and blue.
    Attached Files
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

nombre dos
      Attached Files
      Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

Comment

I know how you feel, at my local mountain boarders outnumber skiers, and I'm the only skiboarder at all. I got some strange looks when I rode an entire run fakie and was passing people . I took some crap from a border when I fell off a box (my 3rd attempt ever) but on my fourth try I did my first perfect grind and the boarder was there to see it lol.

Comment

i've skiboarded at Sugarload before, but that was 3 years ago.
          ~harry

@HarrySiii
          -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
          -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
          -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
          -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

I´ve been going to Sugarloaf for 10 years now, missed 2005 and not going this year. Was there last year when it rained..
            Edward in NYC

Comment

adheer those were my first pair. those and kniesel rail boots. size 11. i now ride 9.5 solamon boots and ALP's and Apetorch's
              sigpic

Comment

k2 fatty's are far from fat.
                Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I was at an outdoorsy type sporting shop last weekend that sells new and used skis and gear. And I found the second pair pictured, they were asking $100 haha! And they were MUCH worse beatten up then the one in the pic. Sheesh!

Comment

Working...
                  X