Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new skiboarder, I like it!

Hi,
    I'm pretty new to skiboarding. I got some Dynastar Twins in the mail from eBay on Wednesday. I know they're not that great, but I have fun on them. I've been skiing for 3 years, and think I'll get into slalom racing next year. Here's the 2 coolest things I like about them, so far-
    They turn so fast! Wow! I can't believe it. I can't imagine what it'll feel like to get back onto normal skis (I'm a ski patroller and have training on Sunday).

Skiing backwards is fun with them! When I ski backwards on my normal skis, I usually end up catching an edge when I turn back around. I don't do it on the skiboards. Doing 360's on the ground, endlessly until I get really dizzy is also very enjoyable.

I can't wait to get out on them again! My boots are drying out, I hot waxed them before I went out last time, and I'm not sore anymore from falling after trying to take a jump on them (see my thread in "New Rider Section").

Are dynastars skiboards? I thought they just made twin tips. Strikes me as a bit of a snowblading company to me, but that could be totally off.

Dan
    Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

This must be what he means:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Great-Condition-...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like 8 hole bindings. Pretty fat for snowblades though, or so it appears.
      Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

They made them in about '99 or '98 to around '02 I think. Apparantly Line made the first ones for them; it looks very similar to some of the older Line skiboards I've seen. They are 84cm. They are 4x4 bindings. It looks like 8 hole. The bindings have 4 screws on each plastic piece securing it to the rest of the binding, and holding the adjustment mechanisms in. I do have Dynastar skis, too, but they are not twin tips. My new skis, that should be coming today, are Volkls.

Comment

Oh, and they are wood core. I think this is interesting, since I thought French skis were almost all foam core. I really do wonder if someone else manufactured these. Like I said, I saw on the net in some interviews, that Line produced Dynastar's first skiboards. I'm thinking maybe they made the orignal Twins, and then after a could years Dynastar changed graphics, and came out with a couple different models. I think Dynastar made those newer ones. I'm thinking that when I end up breaking these plastic bindings, I'll buy some aluminum Snowjam ones.

Comment

Working...
          X