Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belleayre Thanksgiving Rail Jam Results...it was a shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belleayre Thanksgiving Rail Jam Results...it was a shocker!

what a day/night!!!

So 120 skiers and snowboarders showed up for Belleayre's Thanksgiving Railjam and 8 of them were skiboarders. The park was open all day for people to practice and at 3pm it was shut down for 2 hours so they could groom it for the main event. At 5pm an open jam session was to begin for an hour and a half. In their normal fashion, Ben and Adam showed up and 4:50.

All the skiboarders held their own despite being termendously out numbered and we were all really happy to hear one of our own actually made the list of 10 finalists. Ben Wannamaker went on to the finals which consisted of 2 runs per competitor. After Ben's second run (butter 450 to 270 on the flat box + 360 switch on the battleship) it looked like the crowd favorite, and only skiboarder in the finals, would take first place. unheard of!!. But we all new that couldn't happen at a comp. with 113 skiers and snowboarders.
    After 30 minutes in the bar celebrating the awards ceremony began and Ben was awarded 2nd place along with the accolades of many skiers, snowboarders and fellow skiboarders.

Thanks to everyone who drove so far to spend so little time doing what we all love.

More pics and video to come.

g
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Greco; 11-26-2006, 07:52 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

ben was so robed i looked at my footage and the kid who won fell on his last run and his first run was a switch 270 on switch up on the flat box to a 270 switch up 270 on the big flat box. such crap. anyway thanks for the drinks g. i got home at 5:00

Comment

Big ups all of ya competing and beeing there

This is the same situation Nils and Roberts from Latvia were, they got 2nd and 3rd place in skier comp. so this is everywhere and normally they just cant give first place even the best skier was worse than skiboarder... !

Comment

ROBBED!

this reminds me of when mike nick was rbbbed at the x-games for being a skiboarder.

anyways, we all know who the real winner is, props ben.

but also, i think skiboarding is the biggest winner here. we showed up, and showed them up. many people at Belleayre now have a new found respect for skiboarding. When Ben did he last run, EVERYONE was cheering, regardless of what they where riding, no other snowboarder or skier got the crowd that loud, so i say, victory for skiboarding.
          Last edited by Roussel; 11-26-2006, 07:08 AM.
          Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

video!

Hey, i want to see video as soon as posible! No need for editing, g! :-)
            ...let there be powder...
            SKIBOARDORDIE

Comment

here's Ben finishing his winning run with a 360 switchup on the trap box.
              Attached Files

Comment

it was quite the time... i would have placed for sure if i didnt purposfully get myself disqualified come on i cant resist doing flips yeah and thanks brandon who lent me the boards when mine crapped out on me

The Hardcore Champion now and forever....

Comment

and the whole group at the awards ceremony...
                  Attached Files

Comment

yeah hardcore. who knew they would discriminate against primates?!
                    Attached Files

Comment

hardcore - pic of the MONTH

Comment

yo hardcore, that is pretty damn hardcore, what wacked ass gorilla can rock a strainer on they head?.
                        i'm no leader
                        i just can't see myself following you...
                        and that's not in a "heavy" way you...
                        to phrase a dying wish quasi-question3ly...
                        not you personally but...
                        you personally...
                        ...i just "brought some of the words i write
                        the way i write them..."
                        -dose one

Comment

EXCELLENT!! Congrats Ben! You're all the rage over on NS :-) Keep up the good work.

Comment

what a great day of riding. I overheard a few comments like
                            " man those f'in skiboarders are tearin it up! "

I feel like we made a good impression.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

When a hardcore gorilla needs boards. he gets boards. I mean how else is he supposed to pound his chest and throw front flips like its his job. when he needs a helmet slightly more protective headgear than the spaghetti strainer he gets it. end of story.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X