Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figl Skis - Austria's weird cousin to skiboards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figl Skis - Austria's weird cousin to skiboards?

Came across this interesting Spring tradition in Austria. They might need an upgrade to RVL8 or Spruce boards!

https://www.innsbruck.info/en/skiing...rngleiten.html

https://www.tyrol.com/blog/b-sports/how-i-tried-figln-testing-out-my-skiing-prowess-on-supershort-figl-skis

My 67 cm Kneissl Big Foot Skiboards were made in Austria - - and from the net i found >> Ski racer Karl Schranz made the Kneissl White Star skis one of the most sought after in the world. In the seventies, the company expanded into cross-country ski and tennis racquet production. In 1980, Kneissl went bankrupt and was bought out by German cross-country ski manufacturer Trak, as sole owner.<<
    the Big Foot Skiboards were probably the first parabolic design with the wider toes in front and the stiff short rear to do heel spin turns right behind the boot. I bought 4 pair for $200 and fitted my sons with their own Skiboards - -no more renting - - just bought used boots for the oldest and passed the others down. that lasted until the older 2 moved on to snowboards.
    also found SnowFeet a new name to me.
    Keeping up a long tradition in Austria . . . jmho

was on Big Foots, Cannons, Klimax Redline, 98 Line MNPs, Line ff cam and bomber bindings - new boards: RVL8 2015 SII, 2011 KTP --24 yrs non released - -skiboarding til 2050!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baldybob View Post
      My 67 cm Kneissl Big Foot Skiboards were made in Austria - - and from the net i found >> Ski racer Karl Schranz made the Kneissl White Star skis one of the most sought after in the world. In the seventies, the company expanded into cross-country ski and tennis racquet production. In 1980, Kneissl went bankrupt and was bought out by German cross-country ski manufacturer Trak, as sole owner.<<
      the Big Foot Skiboards were probably the first parabolic design with the wider toes in front and the stiff short rear to do heel spin turns right behind the boot. I bought 4 pair for $200 and fitted my sons with their own Skiboards - -no more renting - - just bought used boots for the oldest and passed the others down. that lasted until the older 2 moved on to snowboards.
      also found SnowFeet a new name to me.
      Keeping up a long tradition in Austria . . . jmho
      Interesting! They look so short in the tail

Comment

Here is some experiments I did with the Figl idea for backcountry use using skiboards and some additional history.
        https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...ackcountry-kit
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Is it short for "fig leaf"? Personally, I need a longer board.
          BOARDSLAYER
          Base / Edge Destruction X X X
          Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Working...
          X