Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Andorra 2021/2022 Skiboarding Report

And so it begins...

First slopes opened yesterday, with more on Friday. I went out today just to get the legs used to it again. It was a Sticky Icky day.

Covid health docs are required to to access the slopes, although no one checked. They'll probably start doing random checks from Saturday.

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

I also have a new project this season - Fritschi Tecton bindings mounted on Summit Invertigos.
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Looking good!

rickylink

rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
      ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Sunday + Monday we had a lot of snow. The terrace in our apartment measures 37cm (at 1300m elevation. Due to high winds, only one resort was open, causing major congestion on the roads.

Yesterday was sunshine. It was glorious conditions in my local resort. It was a Slingshots day.

Comment

This is a friend of mine. Only 2nd day ever try to go down a slope. Tried with some skis early last Saturday. I arrived and gave him a pair of Sticky Ickies to try. Today we went back. He's off the magic carpet and the bunny slope. Already got him to do some of the long blue runs we have here. Lent him the setup to keep practising.

Comment

Thanks for posting the video ,Ysb33r! He is doing really great . It really illustrates how nicely the Sticky Icky works in getting newbies going on the slopes and providing excellent and intuitive control.
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

In our village alone we had nearly 1m of snow in a week and we are only at 1300m. Even in a country well prepared to deal with winter, this has caused disruption. The road to one of my favourite resorts has been cut for a number days in order to deal with avalanche risk, trees on the road etc.

It opened this morning. I am going to harp on about the depth of the snow, but I'll let the trail marker do the talking.

Lots of soft snow around at Arcalis. The minimum of trails were pisted. It was another Slingshots day. It still remains my favourite downhill skiboard.

Comment

Hopefully, Jack and I can be out there with you next season!

rickylink

rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Comment

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
                  Hopefully, Jack and I can be out there with you next season!

rickylink
                  I hope things work out

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                    I hope things work out
                    Yes, would love to join Rick and come out for a visit!!!
                    Boards :
                    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                    Boots
                    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                    Bindings:
                    Zero Pro Non release Binding
                    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

rickylink

~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Comment

Looks like you should head out there this year!

Keep posting for use snow deprived riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

At Pas de la Casa today without the usual weekend crowds. Views left & right off the chairlift.

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                            Looks like you should head out there this year!

Keep posting for use snow deprived riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Yeah, worrying thing is that 2022/23 might be dry year.

Comment

We are coming to Soldeu on 26th December. I am going to try and conquer my fear of slopes on skiboards! After reading just about every post on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X