Sticky Icky Setback Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Icky Setback Riders

This is a question specific for those who ride Stick Ickys setback using Spruce Risers: I have noticed four scuff marks on my pair which are each about 10-13mm in length and probably 3-4mm wide. They are on the tail side of the boards and correlate directly with the sloping wings on the riser. They were probably caused by the flex on the board hitting bumps.

Have any of you seen the same abrasions?
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

I thought it was only for setback, but no, it happens in center-mount as well.

Here as the marks I am referring to. The one (left on photo) was made by setback and the other by center mount.

I then verified that by manually flexing the SIIs and it clearly touchy the back of the riser.

So I reckon it is worth sticking some small pads on the SIIs if using Spruce Risers.

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
      This is a question specific for those who ride Stick Ickys setback using Spruce Risers: I have noticed four scuff marks on my pair which are each about 10-13mm in length and probably 3-4mm wide. They are on the tail side of the boards and correlate directly with the sloping wings on the riser. They were probably caused by the flex on the board hitting bumps.

Have any of you seen the same abrasions?
      Yep, I have had this happen on both my Ickys and Crossbows.
      Skiboards:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

All my skiboards that have been mounted with risers have done this, it's something I really dislike about the Risers, flex it enough, and eventually the skiboards will knock on the Risers, a very abrupt change in flex pattern that always throws me off and usually end up on the ground. I've been toying with the idea of putting in rubber bumpers like the old bomber bindings had to prevent this.
        Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
          All my skiboards that have been mounted with risers have done this, it's something I really dislike about the Risers, flex it enough, and eventually the skiboards will knock on the Risers, a very abrupt change in flex pattern that always throws me off and usually end up on the ground. I've been toying with the idea of putting in rubber bumpers like the old bomber bindings had to prevent this.
          Yep. Put some bumpers under the tail of the riser. I delamed a Crossbow on a mogul run riding them set back. Jeff sent me a rubber bumper to put under the tail of my riser. A piece of thick closed cell insulation will do the trick.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
          Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Working...
          X