Hiking Kirkwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiking Kirkwood

Great day today with my son and daughter hiking up the ridge at Kirkwood above the top Cornice chair looking for fresh powder, 2 days after the last storm but ski area just opened the ridge for hiking. Son was carrying his long skis,and for a time his sister's snowboard also! This was my first time hiking this ridge.Wasnt sure what we would find on the other side but my son who has done this hike many times reasurred me it would be worth it. When I was running out of gas he even fed me a power bar and water to get his old man to complete the climb. It was worth it ! Wonderful untouched steep pow in the north facing bowls off the windswept cornice ridge! I'll post pictures next.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Here are the pictures!

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

I was on Spruce Slingshots! Really fantastic longboard skiboards! Great in the fresh pow, as well as on the steep moguls and groomed snow. Swiss army knife of skiboards, ski like stability yet skiboard mobility in a 119 cm board!

Boards :
      Boots
      Bindings:

Comment

A few more pics of the nice snow!

Boards :
        Boots
        Bindings:

Comment

Working...
        X