Sand dune skiing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand dune skiing

So I just fell down the internet surfing rabbit hole and stumbled across this article on dune skiing:-

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/ski...national-park/

Has anyone tried it and tried it on skiboards? I was thinking of mouinting my soft boot bindings to my old rCondors and giving it a go. The article reckons that the sand does not destroy the skis' base, but would stuff up release bindings.
    Spruce Ospreys 130cm
    Summit Marauders 125cm
    RVL8 RCondors 110cm
    RVL8 KTPs 101cm

Rossignol Soul 7 164cm
    Head Ethan Too 161cm

Spruce Pro prime plus Risers
    Technine softboot bindings

Ozone Imp 2.5m Kite
    Ozone Access 6m Kite
    Ozone Access 8m Kite

Originally posted by Murph View Post
    So I just fell down the internet surfing rabbit hole and stumbled across this article on dune skiing:-

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/ski...national-park/

Has anyone tried it and tried it on skiboards? I was thinking of mouinting my soft boot bindings to my old rCondors and giving it a go. The article reckons that the sand does not destroy the skis' base, but would stuff up release bindings.
    When I was stationed in Monterey, Ca... we used to do a bunch of sand dune snowboarding... it worked really well, and the dude who’s board we used to use also used it that season in the snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks DreGarcia.. Looks like our winter is going to be messed up by the virus, so I may have to get my skiboarding fix on the dunes.
      Spruce Ospreys 130cm
      Summit Marauders 125cm
      RVL8 RCondors 110cm
      RVL8 KTPs 101cm

Rossignol Soul 7 164cm
      Head Ethan Too 161cm

Spruce Pro prime plus Risers
      Technine softboot bindings

Ozone Imp 2.5m Kite
      Ozone Access 6m Kite
      Ozone Access 8m Kite

Comment

Thanks DreGarcia.. Looks like our winter is going to be messed up by the virus, so I may have to get my skiboarding fix on the dunes.
        I haven’t given up hope on the winter!! However, my plans to hit Portillo, Chile, in August for some Southern Hemisphere summer skiing, have officially died.

Comment

I haven’t given up hope on the winter!! However, my plans to hit Portillo, Chile, in August for some Southern Hemisphere summer skiing, have officially died.

Comment

Working...
          X