Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wintergreen View Post
    yess
    There, you have it ! It was a constant issue I had as a beginner/intermediate skier, I was too flexed from the knees and waist, not properly balanced on the lower ski (probably both lengthwise and side-wise) so the muscle and knees were doing all the job resulting in constant pain ...
    Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
    Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
    Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

skiing/skiboarding is different than biking, running or whatever sports you do. I am 38, I play football and tennis, and bike around town on an almost daily basis, but the first 3-4 times I go every season are super tiring for my legs. Then gradually I would get in shape and would not get that tired. I think this is the main issue...

Comment

It’s plain and simple. The air is thinner where your skiing and your not getting enough blood flow to the muscles, some get altitude sickness. It will take a few days to get a little use to the thin air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

My legs never really stop getting tired, and it's primarily quad burn (with some glute soreness from skating, and lower back muscle soreness from absorbing hits). It just takes 6 or 7 hours by this point of the season. Why stop if you're not completely spent? ; )
          BOARDSLAYER
          Base / Edge Destruction X X X
          Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Originally posted by boyanr View Post
            skiing/skiboarding is different than biking, running or whatever sports you do. I am 38, I play football and tennis, and bike around town on an almost daily basis, but the first 3-4 times I go every season are super tiring for my legs. Then gradually I would get in shape and would not get that tired. I think this is the main issue...
            I know what you mean but I think this is a different type of pain. It's about some muscles that are usually not much solicited during regular other sports, so at first they take a bit of a hit and then the muscles get used to it and it gets better on following days. I don't think this is what OP is experiencing. I was your age when I was learning to ski, like you I was playing hours of football, basketball and tennis every week, but when I was getting on skis it was pretty painful on every run of every day, it was a sort of "bad pain" that should not have been happening... Now, 15 years later, when I practice much less sports throughout the year and I don't have that fitness level, now I can go for hours in a row on skiboards without needing any break whatsoever and without that bad pain. Yes, I get the mild muscle reaction that you mention, I would not call it pain, or maybe "good pain", because it's sort of normal, muscles have been used so you "feel" them being a bit sore, it's like after a football match, your body is a bit tired, but it goes away easy (say after a couple of beers :-)).
            Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
            Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
            Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Working...
            X