Riding the Horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding the Horse

Got some shots from riding Kicking Horse in Golden, BC! I'll start posting some video as soon as I get the hang of editing and uploading... I'm a willful technophobe but was given a GoPro by a good friend of mine. Here's a teaser of some images from those videos, for now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DutchWallet.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	262014

Name:	ChuteDrop.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	262016Click image for larger version

Name:	Coffin1.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	262017Click image for larger version

Name:	Coffin2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	262015

BOARDSLAYER
    Base / Edge Destruction X X X
    Cores Snapped X X X

Name:	Dutch1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	262019Click image for larger version

Name:	Dutch2.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	262020Click image for larger version

Name:	Ozone1.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	262021Click image for larger version

Name:	Ozone2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	316.7 KB
ID:	262022
    BOARDSLAYER
    Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

That looks awesome!

Comment

looking forward to seeing the videos :-)
        Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
        Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
        Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Nice!
          rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
          ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Super cool!!!
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Ok, got one video figured out. It's a pretty bog standard CPR Ridge run.... every gondola lap involves something similar. Better videos to follow, but it seemed like a good enough place to start.

BOARDSLAYER
              Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Wonderful video! Thanks ! You have some very nice terrain out there !
                Boards :
                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                Boots
                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                Bindings:
                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Thanks! This hill is a gem.

My buddy who was riding with me (and provided the GoPros) sent me this edit of the trip... a little skier heavy for my taste, but there's a bit of skiboarding involved. I'll post more complete video segments of these runs eventually.
                  BOARDSLAYER
                  Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Nice videos! Looks like you're having a blast.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, it's a blast.... Every day is a good day on skiboards. : )

More vids.... this is one of my favorite tight chutes, when it's in good condition. Takes a bit of straightlining on the entry, so it can be a bit dicey to get back in control. My arse smacked down about halfway through this run, but I kept it together and rode it out:

Posted this one elsewhere but here it is again... Same general area of the mountain, but showing the full run along the ridge. This was harder conditions, on the DLPs. I got off work a little early and manage to sneak some Friday afternoon laps in. : )

BOARDSLAYER
                      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Sometimes the chutes don't work out... Thought it was powder, but it was just dust on crust.

Switched to the DLPs after this and charged the rest of the day, ~45,000 ft of vert total.
                        The camera got it worse than I did, though. I mostly just slid after the initial ragdoll phase. ; )
                        BOARDSLAYER
                        Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Glad you are ok , that looked like a nasty place to fall!!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
                          Boots
                          Bindings:

Comment

It was the hardest tumble I've taken this year (except one good slam on a skiway due to no visibility and unexpected moguls). The bottom of that chute opens up and is usually pretty soft, and there's no cliffs below, so there are worse places to fall, I suppose.

Got an edit done from Saturday, mostly tree riding as it was snowing all day and the visibility wasn't great on the upper mountain.This was really just the afternoon, as the gondy was f'd up again for most of the morning. The editing is pretty crude, so is some of the riding. ; )

Will post some Sunday runs soon... big hike-in pow shots and bluebird skies. But dang, it takes longer to put an edit together than to ride it!
                            BOARDSLAYER
                            Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Wow, just wow. Very impressive! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X