No announcement yet.

Riding the Horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for making this kind of riding possible, Greco. I started skiboarding because I was bored of skiing (back in the 90's when skis got stagnant), but I keep skiboarding because I truly believe they are the best tool for pushing the limits in difficult terrain*. I aim to prove that every time I strap them on, so that everyone can see what they're capable of.

And also because it's a freakin' blast to rip the biggest lines on the hill on the shortest 'skis' out there!

*except perhaps big cliff drops, but I'm too old for big cliffs anyways
    Make Skiboarding Sexy Again

Comment

well steeps you've went and impressed the owner, now what are we going to do. You make my skiing look like child's play....lol. On a serious note you get my vote for the best video award for this season. Do you ever find high wind a problem? The spliffs in their element, excellent

Comment

Thanks! I'm new to working with video, so the editing takes longer (and is much less fun) than the riding at the moment. I've got some great footage from last Sunday that I haven't quite finished stitching together... Might need to split it into two shorter segments, that day was really good and it's tough to cut a run out.

For now, here's a single run from today:

High wind is only a problem if it shuts the lift down. ; ) I got stuck on a chair in some sustained 110 km/h plus winds on the biggest snow day of the year; the chair was swung out at a solid 10 degree displacement for a while (while stopped). Once I got my feet back on the ground, it was wild, some of the most exciting weather I've been out in. The wind kept whipping in from different directions and slamming you around.

By the way, what do y'all like to see? Longer composite videos, single runs, crashes? I have lots of those after this weekend.... heh. All of the above? I won't try for more crashes, but otherwise it all rides the same, it just chops up different. I don't post much groomer footage because it doesn't excite me much, but nearly always have to ride some to get back to the base, if you want it.
        Make Skiboarding Sexy Again

Comment

Working...
        X