Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello skiboard world!

Hi everybody!
    I'm new here and excited to meet you all.
    A little about myself:
    • I'm late to the game of snow riding--my first time on a mountain was in my early twenties or late teens.
    • My history: I skied once, bought some Sled Dogs and rode them a few times, rented Salomon Snowblades once and then bought my own skiboards, just tried snowboarding for the first and second time this month.
    • I have zero friends who skiboard.
    • I'm returning from a decade-long hiatus from the mountain. Not only was I already isolated to begin with, but I haven't been paying much attention to the world of skiboarding since I left.
    • I'm an ice hockey player by background. I'm not an inline skater, skateboarder, or surfer.
    • I'm not much of a terrain park guy--I'm still working up the courage for jumps--but I'll pretty much go all over every other trail on a mountain.
    Any and all help and support are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Where are you located?
    Where do you ski ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to The Forum!
      rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
      ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

I'm in Los Angeles, but originally from the East Coast.

Comment

So are the 2 of us that replied. Santa Clarita for me , and Ricky is in Ventura area.
          We tend to ski Mammoth
          Hope we can meet you on the slopes one day, maybe even help out. Especially if you want to try some of the other boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I moved here temporarily 1.5 years ago. I have a friend who is from Wrightwood so the only ski area I’ve been to so far is Mountain High.

Comment

That use to be the only place I skied . I went to the east mountain about a month ago.
              Let us know when you head back out there. Have you checked out the Skiboard connection page on Facebook yet ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                Especially if you want to try some of the other boards
                Borrowing boards would be huge! I know I would be reluctant to make such an offer b/c I found adjusting my bindings to be a huge pain, but maybe that's just my inefficiency.

I joined the Skiboard Conneciton FB group, thanks! Is it typically more active than these forums or less?

My Wrightwood friend tells me she's heading to Mammoth soon and my colleagues are organizing a trip to Big Bear. Hopefully I'll get a chance to experience them at some point, but probably not this season.

Comment

More people to tend to get on Facebook more, and while they are there they check out what’s going on the connection.
                  But the cool kids hang here too. You will get more insight here then you will there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X