First day out... SUCCESS! But questions still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day out... SUCCESS! But questions still

Today was my first day on SkiBoards... I rode my RVL8 revolts that I bought off of this forum... I have only been snowboarding once in the last 7 years so it was very exciting... and I couldn’t believe how fast I picked it up!! Didn’t even fall until the last two runs when I decided to try the boxes in the park! Landed a few grinds though! What an amazing experience! Can’t wait til tomorrow!

My lady went with me and wasn’t having much luck picking it up... she’s riding a set of RVL8 bantam samurais (also from here)... any advice? She was trying her heart out but just spent a lot of the day falling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Bantams are very short you need to have good balance and take care not to sit back too far.
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Switch the boards with her :-) as you have noticed yourself, I think the Revolts are the perfect board to start on, maybe it will make it easier for your lady as well
      Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
      Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
      Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post
        Switch the boards with her :-) as you have noticed yourself, I think the Revolts are the perfect board to start on, maybe it will make it easier for your lady as well
        Excellent idea! Cheers!

Comment

Don't forget to take a look on the chart posted here https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...election-table to make sure that height/weight -wise everything is appropriate for both of you
          Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
          Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
          Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Don't forget to take a look on the chart posted here https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...election-table to make sure that height/weight -wise everything is appropriate for both of you
            I’m a little big for the bantams... but I’ll still give it a go... just tryin to keep the lady on her feet for a bit today haha

Comment

definitely go for it ... I suppose it will be easier for you to adjust from Revolts to Bantams and your lady will have a much better time on the Revolts. Have fun, both of you !

Comment

definitely go for it ... I suppose it will be easier for you to adjust from Revolts to Bantams and your lady will have a much better time on the Revolts. Have fun, both of you !

Best advice ever! Those lil’ bantams get pretty chattery at high speeds, but they made sliding rails a cinch.

And the wife CRUSHED it today on the revolts, she is officially converted! Thanks!

Comment

take a ski lesson
                  Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
                    take a ski lesson

She was A+ day 2. No lessons except from this guy! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DreGarciaTAT2 View Post
                      Best advice ever! Those lil’ bantams get pretty chattery at high speeds, but they made sliding rails a cinch.

And the wife CRUSHED it today on the revolts, she is officially converted! Thanks!
                      That's excellent, happy for you guys ! and if you think about it ... now you have an excellent excuse to get yourself another board :-) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DreGarciaTAT2 View Post

That's great! Good job on the conversion. If you liked the Revolts (I assume they are hers now) you should try out some DLPs. I went from Revolts to DLPs and while not much of a difference on paper, for me it was a huge difference on the snow.

Have fun!!!
                        Skis/Skiboards:
                        2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
                        2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
                        2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
                        2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
                        20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
                        2012 Salomon SPK 90
                        2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
                        2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Working...
                        X