Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid experienced skiboarder (mostly grooves) thinking about a 120? spruce? Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherpas are better center just like Crossbows on firm groomed snow. I like them rear set because I'm always looking for pow.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx View Post
      To be honest,i was taught by someone who did not like longer skiboards, he said anything over 90 you might as well go skii's. and never had a high opinion.

Words of wisdom, and to be honest, I have often felt the same way myself. Anything much over 100 cm and I loose that shorty magic and don't feel like I am on skiboards anymore. But..........my mind about the value of longboards changed when I got a pair of Sherpas. They really do fill the gap between a true short skiboard, and a long pair of skis. My quiver now is Ickys for regular fun, and then Sherpas for when the conditions get tough. Nothing, but nothing plows through crap like the Sherpas.

Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post

Words of wisdom, and to be honest, I have often felt the same way myself. Anything much over 100 cm and I loose that shorty magic and don't feel like I am on skiboards anymore. But..........my mind about the value of longboards changed when I got a pair of Sherpas. They really do fill the gap between a true short skiboard, and a long pair of skis. My quiver now is Ickys for regular fun, and then Sherpas for when the conditions get tough. Nothing, but nothing plows through crap like the Sherpas.
        I'm very close to a trigger pull on crossbows here.. Is it THAT big of a difference for the sherpas?

Comment

Crossbows and Sherpas are both amazing. You can't really go wrong with either, but...if you're planning to buy one pair right now, I would say go for the Crossbows. They can do almost everything the Sherpas can do, and they're WAY more fun, unless you spend a lot of time in deep powder and really tough conditions. My guess is the Crossbows will get you more interested in powder riding and you'll end up looking at the Sherpas or Slingshots in the future. But the Crossbows really sound right for what you're looking for at this point in time.

Comment

Thanks guys I went ahead and ordered the crossbows last night. Jeff is so patient and nice! I went with the new ski track graphic design for a splash of color and to be different. Pics in a few days!! Will slightly forward lean boots work ok? I still run my rear entry exp93s!

Comment

Congrats on your new skiboards! Yes your ski boots will be just fine!
              Boards :
              Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
              Boots
              K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
              Bindings:
              Zero Pro Non release Binding
              Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
              Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
              Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
              Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Those EXP 93 boots will be great. Brilliant that you can adjust the flex so easily
                Crossbow (go to dream board)
                Most everything else over time.
                Go Android

Comment

The Crossbows have arrived! i went with the newer graphic just for the heck of it. here they are compared to my usual ride, the 80-82cm groove taxi's. I'm excited and nervous, they are much larger than I've ever skied before!!

Comment

Working...
                  X