No announcement yet.

The Andorra 2019/2020 Skiboarding Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught up with BenJozi & co again yesterday and we went skiboarding at my favourite Andorran resort - Arcalis. Ben went to rental shop in the morning and got a pair of rental alpine boots. He was using my pair of Crossbows fitted with a rental bindings for the day.

Within the 2nd run of the day I could see an improvement in his technique and he was starting to follow my curving lines. I could see that he was really enjoying evenwith the swollen ankle that he got crashing with his softboot bindings on the first day.

By this time I have got both of them running red runs with confidence.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Thanks so much Schalk for saving the day for Ben and his wife!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dawn patrol! With the last of the full moon hanging in the air and before the sun rises, we set up on what have become a regular session for Monday mornings. Skin up at Pal resort before opening hours to get to the top of Pic del Cubil. THen ski down again to be in time for the office. On-piste snow was great this morning an then were no icy section when it got steep. I'm on Ospreys as usual standing around looking very blue today as this is my back-up gear I am wearing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200210_072653.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	261871Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200210_091443_resized.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	629.9 KB
ID:	261872
        Attached Files
        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Yesterday was my first day out since Shredfest. After riding tough in Tahoe, I felt like an amateur yesterday. It has snow and rain all week and I tried to sneak some skiing in a break in the morning's weather. Although the groomers were pretty decent, it was between the trees, where I encountered some weird snow I really struggled on with the Slingshots. It was too soft i.e. not icy enough to get the edges in, yet too hard for the tails to sink in. The only way seemingly was snowplough turns.

I called it a day very quickly. Going out snowshoeing today and hopefully there will be another break in the weather on Sunday.

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, tonight I saw Rick Steve's travel show --and he highlighted all the small countries in Europe - -the final one was Andorra!!! very clean, beautiful downtown - -he went to the Parliament building with the 24 very tight seats in the main chamber - -he was there when the mountains had no snow --but aerial footage shows plenty of steep mountains - -he said these small countries survived because of determination and luck but most are in remote mountain areas --Enjoy your pretty country! hope you get more snow than Tahoe - -still none for nearly 8 weeks - - plan to skiboard with you once again!!

was on Big Foots, Cannons, Klimax Redline, 98 Line MNPs, Line ff cam and bomber bindings - new boards: RVL8 2015 SII, 2011 KTP --24 yrs non released - -skiboarding til 2050!!

Comment

The season came to an abrupt end. All ski resorts in Andorra and Spain have closed due to COVID-19 related lockdown measures.

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                The season came to an abrupt end. All ski resorts in Andorra and Spain have closed due to COVID-19 related lockdown measures.

Vail resorts just announced the same at least for next week. Bummer!

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

We are up in Truckee in the big snowstorm, skied Northstar today but as Wjeong says closed tomorrow, also Squaw ,Alpine, and Sugarbowl also are closing tomorrow because of coronovirus

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
                  Boards :
                  Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                  Boots
                  K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                  Bindings:
                  Zero Pro Non release Binding
                  Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                  Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                  Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                  Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Everything shutting down in France as of today ...
                    https://www.planetski.eu/2020/03/15/...resorts-close/
                    Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
                    Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
                    Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Yeah, all of Western Canada is shut down now, I think.
                      BOARDSLAYER
                      Base / Edge Destruction X X X
                      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

This Coronavirus lockdown has certainly been a severe change of pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X