Canada SBOL trip next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada SBOL trip next year?

Hey, sorry I haven't posted for a while (new job). I was just catching up on the posts I've missed and read this one, where half way though the thread talk turns to having a SBOL meet up in Whistler BC or Big 3 Alberta, Canada.

A few people sounded interested. I'd definately be up for it, even though its a long flight from the UK!

Just thought it deserved its own thread! Discuss!!

PS my vote goes to big 3 Alberta having only got back from there 2months ago- it was amazing. Either way it will be good seeing who can cut it in the pow

im up for going to canada next season, mattskas if you were going to canada we could fly out from heathrow together, probably make things easier.

T

Comment

Damn, that was a quick reply! Yeah sure that would be cool. I'd need to book the time of work in advance, but yeah we should get a UK skiboarder invasion going

Comment

Just in case anyone needs convincing..... (Lake louise backbowls- one of the Big 3, Alberta)

Comment

I'd vote for Whistler since I'll be moving to Seattle in a few months and BC would be super close for me.

Comment

big 3 all the way
            REVEL8 Killin it Since 05!!!!.....maybe we're just alil more epic?

Comment

how about panorama?
              Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

How late does the snow usually hang round on Whistler? I've heard the season sometimes stretches to early June. I may be going over there beginning of next May.
                Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
                SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Comment

yeh mattskas it would probably be better if we went for atleast 10 days as canada is such a trek away, but im deffinatly up for going just need to save up. But everyone should come, it would be sick!

Comment

Sounds cool, but unfortunately i wont be able to make it as i have booked to go to mammoth on the 28th december and dont think i can afford two trips as i am also going to vegas for a few days. If anyone fancies hooking up in mammoth i will be there for seven days from december 28th.

Comment

trip to cananda sounds awesome for next year. hopefully we can post information early that way the cost is known so we can plan accordingly finance wise. that and time off from work
                      "I Know that I am a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage"
                      ~Anne Frank~

Comment

Yes!

Canada would be insane!

I'm so down for it!
                        Bare død fisk svømmer medstrøms

Comment

sweet canada it is then :P yeh i agree with kelli it would be good to get it down asap, the flights from england to canada are like £600 which is like 1100 USD which sucks, so i would need to save up for abit.

Comment

Yep definately sorting it early is the way to go. It shouldn't be too expensive either, while I was there, I found the 'cost of living' isn't too bad and I managed to get 2week holiday (room and flights) for £350 from the UK! For anyone needing to fly (not just for UK), I believe Zoom are one of the cheapest airlines and there are a few places in Banff that are pretty cheap accomodation wise.

Greco, you got any input buddy? This is as far as my organizational skills go I'm afraid If you go aswell and take some Revel8's, we could test them against the Lokens- one on each foot haha.

Comment

https://www.flyzoom.com/

A two-way-ticket London - Vancouver a year from now will cost around 380 £. Not bad at all if you ask me. Aer Lingus flyes to Seattle quite cheap, for those who live in Ireland.

EDIT: Beat me to it, Matt
                              Last edited by El Bajong; 03-23-2006, 11:42 AM.

Riding El Bajong Freeride skiboards with Bomber elite bindings

Comment

Working...
                              X