120's sighted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120's sighted

I saw a guy at Mt. holly in MI with spruce 120's today. Talked to him for a while and found out he has revel8's as well. he got em here. Turns out he used to be a ski instructor for 8 yrs so he gave me some lessons in carving which really helped - turns out I was doing partially carved and partially skidded turns.

He advocated putting all my weight on the outside ski - which I know is a skier thing. I'm going to try and see if I can ride my edge the same way I do when I do turns the way he said but put a little more weight on the inside skiboard but dig that edge in as well.

that's cool. it's great how no matter who the person, if they are riding real skiboards, you can stop and talk and have stuff in common. can't say that for snowbladers at all. they are usually clueless.

g

Comment

90% of the time, if you meet someone on the hills with real skiboards, they are on sbol
      facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

yea he said he got em here. I wasn't sure cause skiboards.com sells the 120's as well.

Comment

skiboards.com sells crap.
          Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

can't say that for snowbladers at all. they are usually clueless.
            skiboards.com sells crap.
            ...wow guys,.... I didn't think you'd come down to that kinda statements. Whatever happened to loving your sport and accepting whatever other people do?

Line Five-0s w/Bomber Elites

Comment

snowbladers usually are clueless.
              I've met people that are renting snowblades that decided at the last second to check blades on the rental sheet instead of skis. They don't know about skiboarding.

www.lokenindustries.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nic61
                ...wow guys,.... I didn't think you'd come down to that kinda statements. Whatever happened to loving your sport and accepting whatever other people do?

its not putting down our sport. most snowbladers don't know much about the sports, most of them know nothing about it actually, im not trying to bash them or anything, i'm just saying what i;ve experienced, its not negative.

as for skiboards.com selling crap, well they do, some of their product are really not good quality, and i wish those products weren't on the market because it's bringing the sport down.

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

but skiboards.com does hwlp people get intersted in skiboarding as a hole right? if so then its a good thign and they will grow to like real skiboards just like we all did
                  "1 out of every 10 adults suffers from alcoholism and 2 out of 5 teens 12-18 suffer the same".

Comment

Yeah, I have to admit that skiboards.com comes across as friendlier to us older folks. No offense, but Greco's site is clearly aimed at a younger crowd. I hang out here because I like to pretend I'm young (until the next morning when the aches and pains catch up with me), but I learned more about skiboarding from skiboards.com than I did from skiboardsonline. That said, I usually buy stuff from Greco. Not sure why that is -- maybe it's because I know he doesn't sell crap?

Comment

I like the forums here much better than the skiboards.com one. I feel that this forum has a closer community and is more laid-back. Like on the other forum, you can't type the sbol url, and I don't like that. Plus I like how Greco holds events like the Wach one, even if I don't get to go.

Comment

We probably should take this discussion to the "general topics" forum.

Comment

but skiboards.com does hwlp people get intersted in skiboarding as a hole right? if so then its a good thign and they will grow to like real skiboards just like we all did
                          That's exactly what I think, ... and even if people start off on "crap equipment" like snowblades, if they are really into the sport they will eventually want to get decent skiboards (and prob end up un SBOL).

I have seen guys in the park with snowblades doing great stuff, and as long as they love what they are doing, I don't really mind them not knowing about skiboarding. In the end - even if you disagree - it all comes down to get more "short skis" out there and being noticed!
                          Line Five-0s w/Bomber Elites

Comment

i disagree, a reason why skiboarding is looked down upon is because of bad equipment. some people look at it and see toys, not knowing that they are high quality skiboards out there.

i'll take streetboarding (snakeboarding) as an example, for a while there where really crappy ones being make, basically materials you would find in a toy store. Dimension Streetboards got a patent for it and now u need a license to make them, since then the sport has been growing a lot steadier because no more low quality products where being made so the true streetboarding companies got more exposure.

i'm not saying u can't have fun on low quality snowblades, i'm saying why not start off on decent quality stuff so that the companies who are suporting the sport, who are sponsering events and riders get more exposure rather then the companies who are trying to monopolise the whole sport with low end products (ie salomon)
                            Last edited by Greco; 03-08-2006, 02:02 PM.

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Exactly Roussel. Theres no reason for people to start out on crap like Salomon when there are much better boards available. Cost isn't the issue either because SnowJams are high quality and really cheap comparatively. I started off on Salomons like most people, but I regreted it once I got to ride good quality skiboards. Theres no reason to start on crappy boards when theres good quality ones for the same price.

Comment

Working...
                              X