a car accident killed my season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a car accident killed my season

Alrighty so my non exsistent skiboard season is already dead. yesterday I was in a single car mvp. the car i was in hit a guard rail at 50 milees an hour and spun down a major highway for about a mile. The car we were in was a Sebring convertable needless to say i was in the nonexsistent backseet and was on the side that hit twice. needles to say i dislocated a shoulder hav a concussion and a sprained right knee with possibly a torn or damaged ligament.
    the driuver hadnt been wearing her seat\belt so she has whiplash and the passenger in the that was in the right seat was and is slightly stiuff.
    the funny thing i got to ride in the back of the ambo as the patient for tjhe first time.(i would rather be the provider)(cant wait for spring break to do so)
    so yea thatr was my fun for the weekend.
    "I Know that I am a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage"
    ~Anne Frank~

Ouch...Well...It's good to hear that you made it out okay, at least. Could've been a whole lot worse.

Comment

Glad you're ok Kelli. Did you say you were wearing your seat belt? Sounds like you still get tossed around a bit, or was it the beltless passenger that was flying around that hit and injured you?!
      I love the mountains - summer or winter! Hiking, Biking or Snow Riding - just can't be beat.

Comment

Sad to hear your season was cut short but I'm glad you're ok.
        Ciao,
        Rachel

Comment

I hope you'll be better soon kelly.
          Be strong.

Peace
          guigui

Comment

hopefully next year youll have agood season unlike this one and feel better!!
            " put on your dancing shoes, its fucking time to rock baby"

Comment

this season sucked anyway...

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Re: a car accident killed my season

Originally posted by Kelli
                Alrighty so my non exsistent skiboard season is already dead. yesterday I was in a single car mvp. the car i was in hit a guard rail at 50 milees an hour and spun down a major highway for about a mile. The car we were in was a Sebring convertable needless to say i was in the nonexsistent backseet and was on the side that hit twice. needles to say i dislocated a shoulder hav a concussion and a sprained right knee with possibly a torn or damaged ligament.
                the driuver hadnt been wearing her seat\belt so she has whiplash and the passenger in the that was in the right seat was and is slightly stiuff.
                the funny thing i got to ride in the back of the ambo as the patient for tjhe first time.(i would rather be the provider)(cant wait for spring break to do so)
                so yea thatr was my fun for the weekend.

Glad you made it out intact and alive. I almost lost my season in November 05 from a skateboard accident. (Really a motoboard which is a gas powered skateboard) I was carving and got sloppy and fell off and had one leg on the board and one leg on the asphalt. The board kept going and the other leg ground to a stop on the pavement. The problem was my legs did not want to spread that far and I messed up my knee. Luckily it healed with physical therapy in 4 weeks enough to do some snow work.

Hope you have better luck in 06/07 season. In any case, the spring will soon be here, so make us of the seasons the best you can. While you are waiting for the snow to melt or the weather to warm up you can do some yoga and train what does work on your bod. Inline skating, mountain biking, kayaking, hiking, swimming and trial running are all good warm weather health based activity And don't forget to do some weight training to strengthen up and keep in shape for the next season...especially the leg exercises!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X