"Stomping" landings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stomping" landings?

This may be a stupid question, and I most likely know what "stomping landings" are, but I want to make sure. What exactly does "stomping" a landing entail?

Also, any tips for landing? I went off a little jump on a trail and landed on my ass. Thanks.

stomping a landing means landing it a jump nice and straight. ussually your boards will make a "stomp" sound. if you land it slightly crooked or sideways you'll hear more of a crunching noise from your edges scraping the snow.
    Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

keep your weight forward, compress and explode into the jump.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Thanks WD, but what about landing? Any tips on that?

Comment

landing keep your weight forward as well and keep those FEET together or close together in the air, stay tight you know ? don't flail all over the place, might take some tries. and don't land in the flat, or your feet with hate you. and most importantly:

DO NOT CATCH BIG AIR WITH SNOWBLADES

Comment

You mean skiboards right?

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

no he meant snowbaldes.

the skinny one that salmon, and other big companies make, they dont have enough surface area therefore stability to land big jumps.
              Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

no i meant skiBLADES

skiblades are the equivalent of skiing on toothpicks. read THIS to see what skiblades are and why NOT to get them. we'll learn ya. never quit, and don't be afraid to get hurt... you may have seen my post and what i did to my face last week, i'll be right back at it this weekend thoughhttp://www.sbol.ws/vbulletin/upload/...&threadid=1218

btw what are you riding on?

Comment

i know of a lot of people that do, or have gone huge on boards.
                  EX: ethan, im sure ben and adam have hit a couple of big hits in there time boarding, um MICHA R. one of the first guys to go huge on boards. he did like 60 foot tables/gaps. there are a lot of people that go bigon boards.
                  facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

OH

Oh sorry WD, I thought you had a typo. I ride on the 2000 (I think) model MNPs. It's the blue one with the car, and the tree on the base. I got them for Christmas, but they've already taken a beating (had to ptex after the second trip to Creek). Hopefully my MNPs will last me awhile, I hotwax them often.

Comment

thats cool dude, i just waxed up my boards last week and i cant wait till it wears off a little, they were way too fast. lol

Comment

I think the new thread here proves that you can go big even on Salomons if you're good enough.
                        I do it because I can.
                        I can because I want to.
                        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                        '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak
                          I think the new thread here proves that you can go big even on Salomons if you're good enough.
                          but do those guys use the salomons with the plastic bindings?

Comment

If I'm not mistaken ALL Salomon boards use plastic bindings, unless they produced some special metal toeclips for their. If they didn't make boards with metal toeclips, then yes those are definately plastic because those are Snowblade Pros.
                            I do it because I can.
                            I can because I want to.
                            I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                            '08 KTPs

Comment

The Salomon SBPRO had an alluminum binding if I remember correctly. Still wasn't 4x4, but it was at least alluminum.

Comment

Working...
                              X