Ski Utah Interconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski Utah Interconnect

Just got back from my Interconnect Tour. I first heard about the Interconnect on this forum so figure I'll share my experience.
    We were the first to ever attempt on skiboards, short skis,ski blade, or anything other than a regular ski. At the end or orientation I mentioned we had unique skis. We joked a lil bit and we had him send a pic to the other guides with the caption of "So I guess this is happening now". They went a lil nuts. I think he may have been a bit unsure about how it would go but there's no refund and if you can't cut it they will leave you behind.
    Anyway, after our first descent he was sold and even mentioned the conditions were probably better on our skis (it was a lil variable to start off).
    All in all it was a great day. There's a few things I would share about the experience.

1. If you can't hang with the group they will ask you to leave. No refund
    2. There's a fair bit of traverses. I never use poles so I probably worked harder than I needed to Use poles with powder baskets - I did not and I regretted it. You need to be in shape and able to do some traverses that include side stepping.
    3. The skiing isn't anything too crazy (we did the 6 resort and the 4 resort requires more hiking and is a little more intense). I thought we would be hitting some of the crazier stuff dropping into little Cottonwood but it was pretty tame
    4. Be able to ski powder, trees (nothing as tight as we hit at Westfest the guide wouldn't even follow me into the better snow in what I thought was moderately tight trees).
    5. There will be doubts. I doubt the guides have ever seen skiboards in action so be ready for that. They just don't know what they are capable of.

That's mostly it. If anyone has any questions let me know

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
    Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
    Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Way to go!

Glad you were able to demonstrate the capabilities of skiboards. Were you riding the Blunt XLs?
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
      Way to go!

Glad you were able to demonstrate the capabilities of skiboards. Were you riding the Blunt XLs?
      We were both on XLs. I had thought about taking my RCs since the cottonwoods got 2ft from the last storm but it was crazy heavy and a lil warm the day before so I figured I'd stick to the XLs.

Comment

I will also add this tour is more of a box checking tour. If you want more backcountry powder you should probably do cat skiing. Prices would be comparable and the cat ski would be way less work

Comment

Originally posted by kyu View Post
          We were both on XLs. I had thought about taking my RCs since the cottonwoods got 2ft from the last storm but it was crazy heavy and a lil warm the day before so I figured I'd stick to the XLs.

Who was with you on Skiboards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
            Who was with you on Skiboards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            My regular ski buddy makes it out in skiboards about half his days now. He just got a pair of XLs and likes them quite a bit. He isn't on the forum. He has come out the past few years to some of the Westfest days

Comment

Working...
            X