Traveling with your gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fun Machine View Post
    The checked luggage policy differs for every airline. Check all the one(s) you are flying on...
    +1 for this.

I've been burned by the airlines in the past too. Ideally you should know your rough baggage load and check it while you are booking tickets. For skiing we fly Southwest a lot because they allow that Ski bag + Boot bag combo to count as one of the 2 checked bags they allow and don't hit you up for oversize fees on long ski bags.

Originally posted by Fun Machine View Post
    The Sportube definitely was hard to load at first but I've gotten a lot better and love it now. I actually put boards in one monkey bag and bindings in another, then put those two bags into the Sportube. Or if I need to pack more stuff, I wrap a snowboard or a pair of side-by-side skiboards with bubble and use that as a tray to load stuff on it, then push the whole thing in.
    Yup the SportTube can work great if you learn how to work with it. I still have one and will use it when I have to ship skis/skiboards to a destination. For most of my trips where I know I am going to be "skiing out of my bag" I avoid it as unloading and reloading a SportTube in a resort parking lot can be a pain.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
      Hmm, so I should just bring my '96 Lines to Westfest next weekend?
      Hold on now, those things could be valuable. I mean, not as valuable as the Chanel skiboards but up there

/s

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362535227262

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Toro View Post
        Hold on now, those things could be valuable. I mean, not as valuable as the Chanel skiboards but up there

/s

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362535227262

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        So basically, I have $2,000 worth of rare skiboards.
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
          So basically, I have $2,000 worth of rare skiboards.
          So is that called internet rich ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
            So is that called internet rich ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy
            Sure
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I've been dreaming of finding an oversize guitar case to put my boards and boots in... boards up the middle where the neck goes, boots in the body section. Not practical for flying, but fun to show up a the hill with!
              BOARDSLAYER
              Base / Edge Destruction X X X
              Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Working...
              X