Forgot one of my skiboards Sunday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot one of my skiboards Sunday...

This caused me to have to "ski" for the first time since trying skiboards 22 yrs ago. It was strange. I first rode 148s, sans poles of course, and they were kinda fun. I was "skiboarding" them, until I relaxed a bit and enjoyed the stability but sure missed the maneuverability. Then I tried the 178cm version and it was pretty terrible. I didn't enjoy them at all. All in all it was a worthwhile exercise but I think it might be another 22 yrs before it happens again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Greco View Post
    This caused me to have to "ski" for the first time since trying skiboards 22 yrs ago.....
    THE HORROR!

I'll admit I enjoy Jeff Singer's "kids skis for adults" and there are a pair of Firefly Prospect Twin Tips in my quiver but agree that I miss the maneuverability of skiboards when I ride them. They also make the short runs here in the East boring.

But the important question is how does owner of a skiboard company/skiboard internet retailer and moderator of a skiboard forum show up to the hill missing a board? I always imagine the Greco family truckster would just be filled with boards ready to share skiboarding goodness with the masses every time you hit the hill.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
      THE HORROR!

I'll admit I enjoy Jeff Singer's "kids skis for adults" and there are a pair of Firefly Prospect Twin Tips in my quiver but agree that I miss the maneuverability of skiboards when I ride them. They also make the short runs here in the East boring.

But the important question is how does owner of a skiboard company/skiboard internet retailer and moderator of a skiboard forum show up to the hill missing a board? I always imagine the Greco family truckster would just be filled with boards ready to share skiboarding goodness with the masses every time you hit the hill.
      You're absolutely right. There are a ton of skiboards in the roof box. However, there was only one single binding in the whole car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
        You're absolutely right. There are a ton of skiboards in the roof box. However, there was only one single binding in the whole car
        DOH! I now have a vision of you digging around the car frantically trying to find a binding.
        Boards:
        2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
        2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
        2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
        2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
        2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
        2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
          DOH! I now have a vision of you digging around the car frantically trying to find a binding.
          You're exactly right but I was looking for a modified snowboard binding so I knew it was a fruitless search.

Comment

Working...
          X