Future Skiboarder’s First Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Skiboarder’s First Day

My son in-law and I took my 25 month old granddaughter to our closest ski hill 20 minutes away. No bunny hill, just terrain parks and a narrow / short 150 foot vertical serviced with a four seat chair. Not the best to learn to ski, but met our desire to give a positive first snow sliding experience, practicing balance and learning that falling is ok and part of the fun. Learning to turn and stop will come next season when naps and diapers are no longer needed.

Made six runs. Pure joy for her (and us) by the third run. Capped off the riding with treats in the lodge.

Used the CoPilot harness system (http://www.gosnowcraft.com/) that attaches to her boots rather than her torso to promote developing balance. It also allowed me to aid her ski position when calling out “pizza” or “French fry”. Worked well and I would recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Doesn't get any better than that!

Rick ><)))°>
    rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
    ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Congratulations. You're doing it much better than me on my son's first day. My back was killing me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job Slow ! We took our grandson who is the same age as your granddaughter to a snow play tubing area which he enjoyed but he saw kids skiing and promptly said "I want to ski grandpa !" I demurred "til next time" , a bit scared of trying him on the things but your post has got me thinking !
        Here is my daughter and I with our little guy , you are much braver then I .
        IMG_1946
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I have to admit that I had a great time getting ready for the first ride, but when we went to the hill I started second guessing myself. What if she does not like it, what if she falls or gets hit, how am I going to handle loading and unloading on the chair? Maria would never forgive me.

But it all worked out better than we hoped for. Give it a try Jack.

BTW: the ski tips are tied together with Wedgease (https://www.levelninesports.com/laun...-tip-connector). Another great product I would recommend.

Take a sleigh to haul all the gear.

May make no difference at this point, but since I had to remount the toe bindings to handle her short 195 sole length 14.5 mondo boot, I also centered her boot on the sidecut center. Otherwise it would have been forward of center by about 25mm.

sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Raising 'em right!!

I miss when my kids where like these little guys and I am years away from grandkids. Enjoy the joy and wonder of introducing these little groms to the slopes!
            Boards:
            2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
            2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
            2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
            2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
            2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
            2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
            2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
            2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

It comes quickly.

sigpic

Comment

That’s what I had on a couple of 5/6 year olds I was helping out.
                I think I held them up between me for a couple runs so they had a little feel for sliding then I strapped that unit on . Helped keep the speed down and I had a little control over the feet to help steer .. I’ll have to see if I have a video of that too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Third time out, progressing well:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X