Early Season 2018 - Who's Riding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Season 2018 - Who's Riding?

Got my first day in at the Horse today. Conditions in the alpine were OK, the bottom half of the hill was hard and very grippy (due to the amount of gravel patches). Mostly stayed up at the top in the sunshine and hammered out some short runs.

Overall, it was sunny and I was sliding on snow, so life was good! I'm going to be glad when we get enough snow to trade in my old beater Dynastar Twins for some decent skiboards, though. I snapped one of my old Canon M7s last year, which is a shame, but if I'm able to slug it out on the Twins for a few weeks, my RVL8s are gonna feel sooooo good!

Closed the day out with a Shred Kelly concert... BC's premiere ski-town band.
    BOARDSLAYER
    Base / Edge Destruction X X X
    Cores Snapped X X X

We’ve been skiing in AZ since Thanksgiving, so I’m about eight days in. We had a couple of October storms that helped lay down some coverage and they have extensive snow making as well. Since opening there has been a wave of storms giving us several powder days.

Great start to the season!
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      We’ve been skiing in AZ since Thanksgiving, so I’m about eight days in. We had a couple of October storms that helped lay down some coverage and they have extensive snow making as well. Since opening there has been a wave of storms giving us several powder days.

Great start to the season!
      Lucky you with that powder. I'm have had 3 days over two weekends.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
      Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
      Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
      Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

One day in last week.
        rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
        ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

I’m hoping to get out Thursday and Friday this week for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought the north east got hammered with several big storms. I guess it not enough to open up the resorts ?
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
              I thought the north east got hammered with several big storms. I guess it not enough to open up the resorts ?
              Vermont and New Hampshire have seen the most snow and have been open for many weeks. Locally, we've only received 10" of snow so far, but this past week has seen super cold temps overnight to make lots of snow. A few resorts in my region have been open (kind of), but the conditions are fair at best. Elk (my home mountain) opens tomorrow and I suspect it will have excellent conditions from the start.

Comment

not to brag...

I have 17 days in, and conditions are fantastic here in CO!

Comment

Only three days in so far. We got a couple good storms and then now nothing until??? It's warming up too.
                  Boards/Bindings:
                  2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                  2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                  Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Day 9 for me today...as krillin said, conditions in Colorado have been great all season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    The Skiboard Connection
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/

Comment

Stuck at work today, but the Horse has got hammered with 22 cm yesterday and 14 cm today, so the weekend should be looking good.
                      BOARDSLAYER
                      Base / Edge Destruction X X X
                      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

How about some pictures and video for those of us with zero days in so far this season?
                        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                          How about some pictures and video for those of us with zero days in so far this season?
                          People don't post pics and vid here anymore. They post to https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/.
                          Boards/Bindings:
                          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                            People don't post pics and vid here anymore. They post to https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/.
                            #shamelessplug

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            171cm/190lbs
                            Current Favorites:
                            RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                            Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                            Other boards I'm trying:
                            Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                              That sucks, I cut FB out of my life and things are much more pleasant from it. It’s too bad that it disconnects me a bit from the Skiboarding Community but there are always trade offs with choices. This Forum is a dated online medium but the best part of it is the civility and kindness that flow through it. Modern social media like FB is just toxic IMHO.

It’s interesting that there was a noticeable drop in SBOL Forum content when the Skiboarding Connection was created. While it may be easy for those who have FB integrated in there lives the actual result may have further diluted our already small niche sport community.
                              Boards:
                              2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                              2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                              2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                              2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                              2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                              2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                              2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
                              X