Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slapdash vs Revolts...

Recommendations... GO

Remember 280lbs, comfortably using Head 94cm.

I want to be in the RVL8 crowd. Have opportunities to purchase both, need to choose
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

I will be in the vast minority choosing the Slapdashes, but at 98cm they really feel like a skiboard. Anything over 100cm and boards start to feel a little "clumbsy" for me. That's just me, I like em short!
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      I will be in the vast minority choosing the Slapdashes, but at 98cm they really feel like a skiboard. Anything over 100cm and boards start to feel a little "clumbsy" for me. That's just me, I like em short!
      What if Mike through the Sticky Ickys in the mix? What say ye then?

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
        What if Mike through the Sticky Ickys in the mix? What say ye then?
        The rocker on the Iclkys definitely gives them a shorter running length, which is one of the reason I like them, but I just wasn't sure about Mike's size. Next to the KTPs, the Slapdashes are one of our stiffest boards, so should provide a solid base. Maybe some of our more "substantial" riders might chime in? I think Mike was also looking for a little more float over the Heads on light snow days, so, there's that as well.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Yes, a more solid and stable feel. A little easier of a float when there is fresh snow. Happy with speed I have now.

You guys are great...

I like “substantial”
          Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
          2012 Salomon SPK 90
          2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
            Yes, a more solid and stable feel. A little easier of a float when there is fresh snow. Happy with speed I have now.

You guys are great...

I like “substantial”
            I rode Slapdashes, and they are great boards. But I personally think that you will "outgrow" them due to your size. They are going to sink in any fresh snow. If Revolts are your only other option, then you may be more uncomfortable with them at first due to their length, but I think they will become more versatile on groomers for you as you advance in skill. They will certainly give you a more stable feel especially at higher speeds and more difficult runs compared to Slapdashes.

If you really want some float on fresh snow, then you should look at Stickys and Crossbows. I ride both. While Slapdashes will feel more nimble at first compared to these on groomers, once you get used to the ride of these rockered boards they will actually be more nimble and far more versatile in all sort of terrain including groomers and powder. Don't let the length of those Crossbows scare you - in my opinion they are superior to Stickys in pretty much every way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
              Next to the KTPs, the Slapdashes are one of our stiffest boards, so should provide a solid base.
              If they are the newer Revolts, they should be similar in stiffness to the Slapdashes.
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                If they are the newer Revolts, they should be similar in stiffness to the Slapdashes.
                And what say ye, if Mike added Stickys to the list of consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                  And what say ye, if Mike added Stickys to the list of consideration?
                  I prefer the Ickys over both the Slapdashes and Revolts, but Mike may want a stiffer board because of his size.
                  Boards/Bindings:
                  2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                  2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                  Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Skiboarding currently at 255lbs

Hey Mike,

I've been reading these boards for years and this is my first post but I think I can add something here in the LBs department.

Currently I'm 6'2 and 255 lbs and for the past 5 years I've been riding REVOLTs and riding them pretty hard. Below is a height & weight chart that helped me first choose my Revel8 boards years ago, it was posted by Slow back in 2009 and may be worth taking a look.
                    http://www.skiboardsonline.com/image...able090927.JPG

My REVOLTs have served me very well and I haven't ridden sub 100 boards since my I last rode my Cannon's back in 2005. This year I picked up a pair of DLPs and I've ridden them most of this season - They're Killer!
                    This past Saturday and the week prior I was at Blue and I brought both my REVOLTs and my DLPs. Both days I started on the REVOLTs but find I'm having much more fun on my DLPs. I think one of the biggest factors is the slow / slushy conditions this late in the season esp when the sun is high. The extra length on my DLPs allows me to lean back more and pull my tips up to float OVER slush mounds or powder when we are so lucky. That said I think you'd find that the REVOLTs will give you a lot more to work with all around, given our sizes. It'll take a couple runs to get used the the add'l length but once you do you'll be glad to have it.

Right now I'm contemplating a trip to Blue on Friday with my 8 year old son for one last day on the slopes this season. I'm waiting to see how the weather plays out but as long as it's not raining hard I'll likely be there. If you can swing it - you're more than welcome to try out my REVOLTs. They are mounted with non-release as those are the only bindings I use.

Good Luck!
                    -Nick

Comment

Originally posted by abo421 View Post
                      Hey Mike,

I've been reading these boards for years and this is my first post but I think I can add something here in the LBs department.

Currently I'm 6'2 and 255 lbs and for the past 5 years I've been riding REVOLTs and riding them pretty hard. Below is a height & weight chart that helped me first choose my Revel8 boards years ago, it was posted by Slow back in 2009 and may be worth taking a look.
                      http://www.skiboardsonline.com/image...able090927.JPG

My REVOLTs have served me very well and I haven't ridden sub 100 boards since my I last rode my Cannon's back in 2005. This year I picked up a pair of DLPs and I've ridden them most of this season - They're Killer!
                      This past Saturday and the week prior I was at Blue and I brought both my REVOLTs and my DLPs. Both days I started on the REVOLTs but find I'm having much more fun on my DLPs. I think one of the biggest factors is the slow / slushy conditions this late in the season esp when the sun is high. The extra length on my DLPs allows me to lean back more and pull my tips up to float OVER slush mounds or powder when we are so lucky. That said I think you'd find that the REVOLTs will give you a lot more to work with all around, given our sizes. It'll take a couple runs to get used the the add'l length but once you do you'll be glad to have it.

Right now I'm contemplating a trip to Blue on Friday with my 8 year old son for one last day on the slopes this season. I'm waiting to see how the weather plays out but as long as it's not raining hard I'll likely be there. If you can swing it - you're more than welcome to try out my REVOLTs. They are mounted with non-release as those are the only bindings I use.

Good Luck!
                      -Nick
                      Hey Nick, thanks for reaching out. I am looking forward to getting my Revolts. They are approx. 10cm longer than mine now and substantially wider which can only be a good thing. I will see how these work out for me, but I have a feeling I will be very happy with them. Im not going to be able to make it out this week, but I do appreciate the offer.
                      Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
                      2012 Salomon SPK 90
                      2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Revolt!

Good Luck Mike, I know you're gonna love the Revolts and Revel8 boards in general. They'll open up a whole new set of possibilities for you!

Comment

Originally posted by abo421 View Post
                          This past Saturday and the week prior I was at Blue and I brought both my REVOLTs and my DLPs. Both days I started on the REVOLTs but find I'm having much more fun on my DLPs. I think one of the biggest factors is the slow / slushy conditions this late in the season esp when the sun is high. The extra length on my DLPs allows me to lean back more and pull my tips up to float OVER slush mounds or powder when we are so lucky.
                          DLPs are amazing in slush... I got a pair this year but haven't ridden them much until recently (too much powder, so I'm on my Spiffs), but they have been mind-blowing in the spring conditions.
                          BOARDSLAYER
                          Base / Edge Destruction X X X
                          Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Real slush test tomorrow

Gonna give the DLPs the real slush test tomorrow!

Winter is too damn short on the east coast!

Comment

Working...
                            X