Painting my Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting my Heads

I was watching some videos on YouTube of people painting their skis and snowboards. It looks interesting and pretty simple. I was thinking about having some fun with it in the off season. Anyone have any experience with this?
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
    I was watching some videos on YouTube of people painting their skis and snowboards. It looks interesting and pretty simple. I was thinking about having some fun with it in the off season. Anyone have any experience with this?
    If you do a quick search you will find dozens of threads where the members here have customized their skiboards. Probably more popular than paint, are “skins” that cover the top sheet, as they are not permanent. There are lots of sticky back vinyl products that you can adapt for this purpose.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      If you do a quick search you will find dozens of threads where the members here have customized their skiboards. Probably more popular than paint, are “skins” that cover the top sheet, as they are not permanent. There are lots of sticky back vinyl products that you can adapt for this purpose.
      Not sure why I didn't think of the skins. Good idea
      Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
      2012 Salomon SPK 90
      2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Not sure why I didn't think of the skins. Good idea
        Here's an example of what I did to my Ickys. It turned out nicely and has held up well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheS...=diamond-plate
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Oh damn, another Facebook link I can't open because I decided to keep both feet in the real world [emoji4]

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
            Here's an example of what I did to my Ickys. It turned out nicely and has held up well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheS...=diamond-plate
            I was thinking about going with a wood grain wrap. I think that would look pretty neat. Did you do a poly/clear spray on top of the vinyl after you wrapped it?
            Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
            2012 Salomon SPK 90
            2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

I was thinking about going with a wood grain wrap. I think that would look pretty neat. Did you do a poly/clear spray on top of the vinyl after you wrapped it?
              you might have a hard time with a wrap on your Head boards - don't those have like a snakeskin type texture on the top-sheets? Everyone that has done vinyl/wraps here has done them on RVL8 or Spruce boards which are completely smooth top-sheets.

Comment

Did you do a poly/clear spray on top of the vinyl after you wrapped it?
                Answered your question on FB.
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

[emoji3]

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
                  Crossbow (go to dream board)
                  Most everything else over time.
                  Go Android

Comment

Video killed the radio star[emoji53]

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                      you might have a hard time with a wrap on your Head boards - don't those have like a snakeskin type texture on the top-sheets? Everyone that has done vinyl/wraps here has done them on RVL8 or Spruce boards which are completely smooth top-sheets.
                      The ones I have are pre “snake skin” top sheet. They are completely flat. There are some wraps on eBay for $8. It’s worth a try.
                      Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
                      2012 Salomon SPK 90
                      2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

[

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post

[
                          Are these wraps, or painted?
                          Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
                          2012 Salomon SPK 90
                          2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                            Oh damn, another Facebook link I can't open because I decided to keep both feet in the real world [emoji4]
                            You're not alone. I cut all ties with FB. Was tired of the targeted marketing and it's an issue with my employer.

Are these wraps, or painted?
                            These are wraps and/or stickers --- The Bad Wolf is the undisputed sticker King of the Skiboard world.

Note if you are looking for something more interesting than solid colors or diamond plate patterns in wraps but don't want to spend the $$ for custom graphics I have found that the wraps sold for regulation corn hole boards work great for skiboards.

Stuff like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2JUIKA

Corn hole boards are 2'x4' so these wraps work for most skiboards (under 120cm) and you get enough in a order to do at least two sets of skiboards. I did an American flag pattern on my stickies last season. I would attach a pic but I just pulled the wrap off with plans to do something new.

If you want to do something custom here are some options:
                            https://epicboardskins.com/
                            https://www.boardskins.com/
                            Boards:
                            2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                            2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                            2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                            2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                            2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                            2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                            2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                            2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                              You're not alone. I cut all ties with FB. Was tired of the targeted marketing and it's an issue with my employer.

These are wraps and/or stickers --- The Bad Wolf is the undisputed sticker King of the Skiboard world.

Note if you are looking for something more interesting than solid colors or diamond plate patterns in wraps but don't want to spend the $$ for custom graphics I have found that the wraps sold for regulation corn hole boards work great for skiboards.

Stuff like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2JUIKA

Corn hole boards are 2'x4' so these wraps work for most skiboards (under 120cm) and you get enough in a order to do at least two sets of skiboards. I did an American flag pattern on my stickies last season. I would attach a pic but I just pulled the wrap off with plans to do something new.

If you want to do something custom here are some options:
                              https://epicboardskins.com/
                              https://www.boardskins.com/
                              How did the wraps hold up for you? did you do a clear coat over the vinyl?
                              Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
                              2012 Salomon SPK 90
                              2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Working...
                              X