Five Years Ago Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Years Ago Today

Facebook posted this memory today from five years ago. I had been on blades for about a year, then bought a pair of Summit Jades and really took off around the mountain. But, I got miserably bogged down every time it snowed more than an inch or two. The wife and I got to ski with Chad and Cindy at Brianhead and they let us try out their prototype Spruce 125s. We loved them and immediately ordered a pair each. This was the day I got to try them out, on over a foot of new snow at a deserted Sunrise resort in AZ. We basically had the place to ourselves and made fresh tracks all day long. It is still one of my best skiing memories. There is little that compares to floating on powder, especially for the first time.

For the record, the boards in the picture were the Spruce 125cm LE (Limited Edition). They came in plain white with blue sidewalls and had production serial numbers embedded into the top sheet. My favorite graphic of all time! They went on to become the Raptors. We sold one pair, but still have the other.

Just these, nothing else !

Yes !! It is the memories , of special days , of special times, of special places , and special friends new and old that keeps bringing us back to the sport , season after season ....
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Nice , I wished I meet everyone 5 years ago. It's been a great few months while I met so many in the 2 meet ups I was able to attend. In my 1 year of finding this forum and RVL8 and Spruce Skiboards I have gone way overboard and collected 17 boards so far. And probably skied in upwards of 500 miles.
      This season is nowhere near being over too, so I'll have a few more trips to Mammoth and the local mountains to satisfy my need to ski. Hope to get some more videos made of skiboarding too . Great meeting you guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Great to hear Tom.

This really is a great community. Although Tracey knew how to ski, I was brand new to the sport other than a few outings on blades. So many people on the forum reached out to make us feel welcome and introduce us to the community. Chad and Cindy met us at Brianhead, lent us their gear and took us out to dinner. Then three of the pros, Dave, Brandon and Ray met us us Park City and took the time to give me some hints and tips. The very next year we went to Shredfest and Westfest(The Powdown) and met and made so many great friends we still ski with today.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Working...
        X