starting off kids wiht short skis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
    Both great boots, but I definitely prefer the Full Tilt Growth Spurts if you can find a deal on them. The liners on the Full Tilts is thicker and warmer and just seem better made. The problem is you need to keep an eye out on ebay for a deal and they only come along every so often whereas the Roces Idea boots are less expensive new.
    A pair of the Full Tilt Growth Spurts size Large just came up on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/112749492493?ul_noapp=true

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
      Both great boots, but I definitely prefer the Full Tilt Growth Spurts if you can find a deal on them. The liners on the Full Tilts is thicker and warmer and just seem better made. The problem is you need to keep an eye out on ebay for a deal and they only come along every so often whereas the Roces Idea boots are less expensive new.

One interesting design difference on the shells:
      * The Full Tilt boot sole length changes as you adjust sizes - this makes sense when you see how they work.
      * The Roces Idea boots actually does not change boot sole length - it is the same through all mondopoint sizes. I don't have a pair anymore to comment on how that works, but it is a unique approach.
      Neither of these approaches is better, unless the bindings on your children's skis are fixed, because then you wouldn't have to worry about remount with the Roces as you expand through the size range. All of my kid's skis were using the Marker Fastrak adjustable bindings so changing boot sole length did not matter.
      I'm going to try these out. A couple of Internet reviews I found say that the Full Tilt liners don't last more than a season or two - any thoughts on durability of Roces vs FT?

I got SLR A/C bindings last year and like the concept so much that I mounted all my kid skis with them this year. It's great to be able to move bindings between skis and that they fit both adult and child boots, so I just need to mount tracks to new skis as they grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Machine View Post
        I'm going to try these out. A couple of Internet reviews I found say that the Full Tilt liners don't last more than a season or two - any thoughts on durability of Roces vs FT?

I got SLR A/C bindings last year and like the concept so much that I mounted all my kid skis with them this year. It's great to be able to move bindings between skis and that they fit both adult and child boots, so I just need to mount tracks to new skis as they grow.
        We are on year 5 of one of our pair of Full Tilt Growth Spurts (handed down between children) and the liners still look great with no issues. We only used the Rice’s Idea boot for 1 year so can’t comment on their durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X