Elk Mogul Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk Mogul Day!

I was at Elk Mountain in Union Dale, PA on Friday, February 17th. What an incredible day! The mountain received over 24 inches of snow in a 8 or 9 day period and there was 4-5 inches of fresh snow on the ungroomed runs. It had a compressed first 2 inches of so on top, which had the consistency of styrofoam that was a bit tricky until it got skied off some. The groomed runs were simply incredible - not just hero snow, but superhero snow. You could just lay the skis over and ride infinite grip in huge, fast GS turns to get back to the lifts. Blue skies, 20 degrees F to start and a high around 33 degrees F. Very little wind and not really busy.

I skied 26 runs of which 21 were mogul runs, 3 were on an ungroomed run that skied off into piles and chopped up snow and just 2 full groomers. Incredible day. Putting that much time in on the moguls really helped me continue to refine my mogul abilities.

Tunkhannock:

Mohawk:

Chippewa:

In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Damn I love that stuff

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

Working...
    X