Quick Thoughts on First Trip w/ Skiboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Thoughts on First Trip w/ Skiboards

Just got back from a weekend trip to Deer Valley. This was my second time on skiboards. I only was able to get in 2 days but here are my thoughts. I ride the Revolts with bomber elite 2 non-releasable.

Day 1 was a ton of powder, the mountain was basically ungroomed. The Revolts didn't do as well here as I would've liked. They didn't really cut through the powder or float on top of it. Despite that, I really liked the maneuverability of skiboards over skis, which helped alleviate some of the trouble with powder.

Day 2 was perfectly groomed and the Revolts did amazingly well. Flew down most of the runs and found it much easier than skiing on normal skis. Toward the end of the day when the snow was pushed around a bit more in addition to snow falling all weekend, it was a similar issue as Day 1.

I wish the conditions weren't so powder-y for the Revolts, but I guess we take what nature gives us. In any case, I don't see myself going back to skiing ever, skiboarding was just way more fun.

If you get a chance to try the Sticky Icky Icky boards in similar conditions I would be curious to learn how you find them vs. the Revolts. I had similar experience as you with the revolts in deeper conditions, but the SIIs had no problems at all in the same situation.

Comment

Working...
    X