Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ickys In Powder

Just these, nothing else !

Hmmm, you seem to be riding them like you have firm snow under foot, putting most of the weight on the outside leg. Have you tried with feet closer together as in "powder" riding, with weight equally distributed between the two feet? I found that when it started to get deep and soft that technique worked better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
      Hmmm, you seem to be riding them like you have firm snow under foot, putting most of the weight on the outside leg. Have you tried with feet closer together as in "powder" riding, with weight equally distributed between the two feet? I found that when it started to get deep and soft that technique worked better.
      Which is kind of the point. I'm not a very good technical skier, which is why the forgiveness of skiboards are so good for me. I have permanent back and knee injuries that also make some classic ski techniques beyond my reasonable reach. This is why boards like the Ickys are so cool, they allow people like me to have a lot of fun that would be out of our reach on full length skis. They also open up terrain that many "good" skiers can't handle. I had a blast today and didn't think about how I looked once.

(For future reference, MA is only appropriate when requested. Edits put up for stoke are not eligible for criticism, that's what Epic Ski is for)

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
        This is why boards like the Ickys are so cool, they allow people like me to have a lot of fun that would be out of our reach on full length skis. They also open up terrain that many "good" skiers can't handle. I had a blast today and didn't think about how I looked once.
        We got a lot of attitude and comments from idiots in the lift lines and on the lift chairs at Heavenly yesterday. They insisted that there was no way we could ski powder and enjoy ourselves with our "snow skates, snowblades, snowlerblades, tiny skis, blades". We heard every derogatory name out there. It didn't matter what we had to say. They would only believe what they wanted. It was very f#$king frustrating.
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Sweet. Main difference with the Stickies is that they ride a little deeper in the shock than something like the Sherpa, but that can actually make it all easier as they don't run away with us. I saw a few skiers on huge power skis this last trip struggling because they were TOO fast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

Today I think I reached my limits on the Ickys. Snowbasin got a couple of feet of wet heavy snow overnight. Not the classic champagne powder, more like cold porridge. I managed to navigate all the terrain, but it was hard work and not fun like yesterday. I think something like the RCs or Sherpas would have been a much better choice. Conditions like these are so rare for me, I don't need to worry too much. At least it is nice to known that I won't get stuck, like a lot of skiers were today.

Comment

Today I think I reached my limits on the Ickys. Snowbasin got a couple of feet of wet heavy snow overnight. Not the classic champagne powder, more like cold porridge. I managed to navigate all the terrain, but it was hard work and not fun like yesterday. I think something like the RCs or Sherpas would have been a much better choice.
              Sherpas would have slayed it.
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Working...
              X