We need a facebook group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a facebook group

I thought about making a facebook group so we could all join and "EASILY" share photos and stories of our adventures in skiboarding

Is there such a thing already?

I fear that you be the death of the forum. Many potential customers are driven here through internet searches and get a lot of information through lurking. If we are not here sharing our stories, pictures and opinions, they may never get into the sport. I don't know if an Internet forum and a FB page can share the same resources without becoming diluted?
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      I fear that you be the death of the forum. Many potential customers are driven here through internet searches and get a lot of information through lurking. If we are not here sharing our stories, pictures and opinions, they may never get into the sport. I don't know if an Internet forum and a FB page can share the same resources without becoming diluted?

Not looking to kill anything

Just wanna share pics and videos easily at the click of a button rather than having to go through the difficulties of the forum

We could even have one of the team members of skiboardsonline.com start the group and kinda embed it into the forums

I take tons of videos, tons of pics and its just not easy at all to share and it should be.

I think it'll grow the sport and their business more so being involved with our own group on there

Comment

https://youtu.be/LAoRpNtwyYQ

Like little clips and pictures.

This was me yesterday :P

Comment

There are these two Facebook pages:

https://www.facebook.com/rvl8skiboards/

https://www.facebook.com/skiboardsonline/

You could try contacting Greco and asking if you are allowed to post pics and video on either page. Maybe he would want to create a separate page dedicated to such media.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I think there was a Junk Show page at one time as well where a lot of folks used to visit.

The forum is kind of clumsy as far as media goes. For images and videos you have to use a third party app to upload onto the site. FB is much easier where you can just upload and post straight from your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
              .....The forum is kind of clumsy as far as media goes. For images and videos you have to use a third party app to upload onto the site. FB is much easier where you can just upload and post straight from your phone.
              Clumsy yes, but effective as it keeps this isolated to skiboarding where Facebook seems to be a blend of work, life, idiots, fake news, real news, political debates, targeted advertisements, etc..

If you use Tapatalk and actually have a Tapatalk account adding a post with photos and or video is not that cumbersome.
              Boards:
              2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
              2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
              2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
              2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
              2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
              2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
              2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                Clumsy yes, but effective as it keeps this isolated to skiboarding where Facebook seems to be a blend of work, life, idiots, fake news, real news, political debates, targeted advertisements, etc..

If you use Tapatalk and actually have a Tapatalk account adding a post with photos and or video is not that cumbersome.
                I agree that FB has too much crap on it. It's hard enough for me to keep up with FB now. I don't want to have to use it to view skiboard topics.
                Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Maybe it's just me (and it probably is) but I find doing anything on Tapatalk to be cumbersome.
                  Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
                  Spruce 120's (they served me well)
                  Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
                    Maybe it's just me (and it probably is) but I find doing anything on Tapatalk to be cumbersome.

I didn't say it wasn't cumbersome just not TOO cumbersome ... LOL.
                    Boards:
                    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't cumbersome just not TOO cumbersome ... LOL.
                      I'm OK with TapaTalk for making replies posts and for posting images, in fact it is the easiest way to upload an image to the forum. I don't like it for staring a new thread that requires formatting or for multi quotes. I use my lap top for that. Video is an issue. You have to upload the video to YouTube first, then cut and paste it into the forum. That is a pain compared to having the FB app on your phone.

Comment

yes, while I'm on FB. It's just too full of crap. Tapatalk I use on the go, but if I'm at home (like right now) I'm using my browser to post on the forum, it's old school I know, but I don't have a problem uploading media somewhere else and then linking it here. Other topics would bleed through too easily and like the offspring song says "you gotta keep em' seperated". The only fault for the forum is topics get removed from the first page within the matter of a couple of weeks, this largely affects the review section where you have to fiddle around with some buttons at the bottom to see the proper history.

Comment

I don't do facebook at all. Too many time sucks as it is.

Comment

Rvl8 has a Instagram page..

Rickylink >>)))°>
                            rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                            ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Yeah they or one of us could easy make it happen.

Its just easier. Not everyones gonna have it or use it but out of all platforms its the most used equaling a bigger crowd and venue to showcase what we love the sport for

You would of seen several sweet videos ive made already, lots of cool pics.

I wanna see everybodys as well

I met this guy the other day he was on some summits with the softboot setup. Said hes been doing this for years but just got back into it like myself. The only other skiboarders we seen that day at this local hill here in southern michigan. I thought to myself you know it would be cool if I was like hey you have facebook and boom could add him to the group and now hes part of us/the sport and the little community you guys have all grown to be

Could have a handful of us that wanna do it as admins and others can submit member requests and we can approve them or just have it set to auto approve

Before you know it our feeds will be full of cool stories, photos and information and there would be cool conversations taking place, meetups being organized etc.

I think the sport has picked up a little buzz the past couple years and I say why not help it build

Just a vision I guess... Maybe Im ahead of myself but it couldnt be too hard to manage and I think it would be awesome to see

Comment

Working...
                              X