Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting back into skiboarding..Spliff or not to Spliff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasonstevens21 View Post
    Unfortunately im not 21 anymore. Im probably one of the older skiboarders here?

( nevermind I see most of you are in your 30s) Some in the 50s! Dang this gives me hope and faith
    You are still a youngin'. There are several of us in our 50's, a few in their 60's, and Jeff the Spruce Jedi Master is 77-years young.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by jasonstevens21 View Post
      Every time I go I seem to come home all bumped and bruised up. Pulled neck muscles etc :/

This time it was because I was trying to perfect the ground 360/spins and biffed it a couple of times pretty good

I can go down spinning the whole way. Stuff happens though LOL

Im seriously considering some of that under gear sports padding/armor

Unfortunately im not 21 anymore. Im probably one of the older skiboarders here? I cant be getting hurt for any amount of time my job is pretty physical doing HughesNet Satellite internet installs. I also run a pc repair business from home. Not that that part is very physical :P

( nevermind I see most of you are in your 30s) Some in the 50s! Dang this gives me hope and faith
      Having never been on skis, I tried skiboards for the first time two seasons ago. Last season was my first time to really try to learn how to do this in earnest. And my first time trying ANY sort of snow sliding sport was in 2011.
      I'll be 50 in May.
      I pretty much like to operate under the assumption that you're never too old to be young...despite what my teenage daughter might say!
      Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
      Spruce 120's (they served me well)
      Trikke Skki

Comment

Got the Stickies

Love them.. Thanks for the input I think theyll be perfect

Some notices from my cheapos/snowblade style is that they have way less sharp of an edge. Spins are easier!
        Defintely more flex
        The cambered area seems to help not get caught when doing spins etc

Was the first day ever I never fell once LOL

Comment

Awesome Jason, glad the setup is working for you, the forum is really unique in the way it can give perspective on this very niche sport

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
            Awesome Jason, glad the setup is working for you, the forum is really unique in the way it can give perspective on this very niche sport

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thanks

Now if the local hills survive these 4-5 days of mid to high 40s we will be ok :P

Might just have to drive up to Boyne again

Did you hear about that girl who got drunk and tried to sled down Boyne this past weekend? Didnt end well :/

Comment

Working...
            X