No announcement yet.

What Will You Be Riding On Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a bunch of new to me old boards to try this year, so I'll hopefully ski as many of them as I can on the first day. But I'd want to spend more time skiing than swapping, so I might not try them all on the first day...

Probably will start with Rvl8 KTP and Summit Nomad 99 with non-release bindings and my regular ski boots. Also, my new pair of long skis in a short length (156cm) will definitely see some snow on the first day.

My daughter will likely continue to use her Head Caddy 131 from Jeff at Spruce, and my wife the Head Ethan Too in 141cm from last year. Unless one of them steals my new 156cm Head is.Supershape Titan skis

Then, somewhere in transit to me from Canada, there are two old Dynastar boards from Roussell, that will hopefully be here in time for first snow I'm really curious to try them. One of them should have a long turn radius, 11m or something like that, which I think I will like for carving down groomed slopes with some speed better than super short sub 7m radius skis. The other Dynastar is an 85cm model, the shortest I've tried in a skiboard, so I'm curious to see how they feel. I'll probably have a few runs on these super shorties before I put them on the "for sale" section as I don't think I will be riding them much, but who knows...

Comment

The Dynastars came in the mail today and they look great (a little beat-up as expected, but look like they will ski well on the hard groomers on the East Coast). Just need some snow...

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
      ...Then, somewhere in transit to me from Canada, there are two old Dynastar boards from Roussell, that will hopefully be here in time for first snow I'm really curious to try them. One of them should have a long turn radius, 11m or something like that, which I think I will like for carving down groomed slopes with some speed better than super short sub 7m radius skis. The other Dynastar is an 85cm model, the shortest I've tried in a skiboard, so I'm curious to see how they feel. I'll probably have a few runs on these super shorties before I put them on the "for sale" section as I don't think I will be riding them much, but who knows...

Comment

I rode my Icelandic scouts. It was pretty thin coverage and after an hour or two... since it's just a "white ribbon of death" and there's hundreds of people on the same run.

I don't want to ride anything nice, and mess it up.

The scouts cost me I think 200 bucks, from someone on the forum a couple of years ago.

Opening day was a little disappointing this year. Past years have filled me with more excitement. But it was nice... took 7 or 8 runs before it was totally skied off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
          .... Opening day was a little disappointing this year. Past years have filled me with more excitement. But it was nice... took 7 or 8 runs before it was totally skied off.
          Colorado is turning you soft. Your access to good skiing has left you unable to enjoy early season crappy skiing (otherwise known as all season here in the East). You have to miss the drive to Killington for those early season hikes from K-1 over to Rime and Reason for those rare October runs in VT. I assume you were enjoying opening day this year at A-Basin? Other than the "white strip of death" how was it?
          Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I think I accurately described it.

Loveland might be opening this week some time. It's been exceptionally warm this week, right now it's around 80. We haven't had rain in months, let alone snow. But the forecasted snow on Monday in the mountains. So hopefully next week!

No matter how older I get, the matter if I continue to ski I snowboarder I just start sledding , I will always always always love a basin

33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Oh, one more thing, I will never miss that ride to Killington

33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

I'll be on my Sherpas, probably without poles this time around. I actually have no idea where my first day will be though. I'm at school right now in Rochester where there is one local mountain (Bristol), but if they don't open before winter break then who knows where I will end up. I've got to do something though, I only got 2 days of riding in last year and almost went insane lol. College is hard...

Comment

skiboards
                  facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Eenie meenie miney mo

I remember when this used to be an easy question. I was an early adopter of the Revolts when they very first came out and rode them exclusively for many seasons in all conditions, when it was time to make a change (aka had money) I realized a few things. Chiefly, I needed more float and fore/aft stability to slay the snow the way I wanted to. What follows is this quiver, compiled over the last 3 seasons aimed at accomplishing the perfect ride for off-piste free riding (lots of snow) with non-release bindings (soft booting). The DLP's have taken the brunt of the abuse and are definitely now considered beater boards, so if its thin and rocky or just a sheet of ice they'll make an appearance. The Lions are for good to above average coverage, they have the width to handle medium to large amounts of powder quite well but not as well as the...Condors, which plow through the deepest of snow and laugh about it and the Sova's, well these are absolutely beautiful boards. There for that perfect day. When the base is so solid and the snow is shoulder deep. Zero-Camber, rocker, 111 cm long, 13.5 underfoot and as stiff as a 2x4. Where I live, it could be any of the first 3 but I really do want to ride the Sova's first. My original Revolts are now in possession of a friend, his wife plans on using them this year so they will ride again!

Comment

Zero Pros on KTPeeps

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                        Zero Pros on KTPeeps
                        Happy to see those KTP's working out for you

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                          Condors, which plow through the deepest of snow and laugh about it and the Sova's, well these are absolutely beautiful boards. There for that perfect day. When the base is so solid and the snow is shoulder deep. Zero-Camber, rocker, 111 cm long, 13.5 underfoot and as stiff as a 2x4. Where I live, it could be any of the first 3 but I really do want to ride the Sova's first.
                          How did you get the Sovas? Were you able to order them off of the Russian site? If so, what did that cost? I would love to see more pics. They look gorgeous.
                          Boards/Bindings:
                          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Update: Loveland is opening on Thursday. Can someone please give me the winning lotto numbers already, so I can quit my job and just move up to the mountains... please!

33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                              How did you get the Sovas? Were you able to order them off of the Russian site? If so, what did that cost? I would love to see more pics. They look gorgeous.
                              The google translation worked like a charm on the order forum right off of twoowts shop site www.skiboardershop.ru
                              Price, add about $100 to the base price of any Revel8 board and thats about the total cost, including shipping & duties. I'm planning on making a thread about them after I mod out my new bindings and get them mounted. This video helped me pull the trigger, it's actually just a twoowt tech installing there version of the spruce riser for release bindings and there NR binding but damn don't they look nice

Comment

I plan on riding my new (to me) Lacroix Titanal 110
                                Leaning towards the black 2010 receptors.

Side note, I was STRONGLY looking at the Sovas over the past summer.
                                I love the playfulness of the RC's, but the don't offer near enough support for "larger" guys.
                                Decided against it when I started figuring the costs, and that i really don't get a lot of fresh powder here in lower Michigan.
                                - Alpina Fatboards with 8-hole bindings (retired as shot-skis)
                                - 2003 Line Pro with FF-pro (on loan to friend)
                                - 2010 KTP Revel8 Receptors with 2012 Orange Receptors
                                - 2012 Rockered Condors with 2010 Black Receptors
                                - 2014 DLP with 2021 Blue Receptors

Comment

Working...
                                X