No announcement yet.

What Will You Be Riding On Opening Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Will You Be Riding On Opening Day?

If they come in in time, I'm hoping to be on my new Ickys. I have a number of binding options, including soft boots, but will probably go with my Attack 13s on Spruce Risers, so I can try the set back option.

If the Ickys are not delivered, then I'll go with my Slapdashes, especially if the coverage is a little thin.
    Just these, nothing else !

Sir Francis Bacon Shorty 145cm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll either be on the Spliffs or the SIIs depending on if I can convince the boss that adding another set of Skiboards to the quiver is in the budget. Sometime during the season I expect to revisit the Spruce 120s and demo some runs on a set of 164cm Whipits from J Skis (I have borrowed these from a friend who is having knee surgery and expects to be "in the lodge" all season).
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Xls or Brazen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

I'm hoping coverage will be good enough to break out my new Blizzard Regulators 165 cm. If not, back on the Sherpas I'll be.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

As with others, the conditions will be a factor, but the most likely choice will be Condors. It's been a while since I spent significant time on a pair, and I might make them my primary boards this season.
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I'll most likely warm up on my 120's (maybe even get off of the greens and onto a blue run) but I'll probably spend most of the day on my Trikke (especially is any black runs are open).
              Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
              Spruce 120's (they served me well)
              Trikke Skki

Comment

Spliffs or Line MNP, depending on coverage.
                Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Blunt XLs for definite. Possibly 120s on the second day?
                  Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
                  Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
                  Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Barefoot for all I care. As it stands I might only get to the slopes in spring.
                    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                      I'm formally requesting video evidence if the barefooting is attempted.
                      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                        First you can't be a regular on the forum and drop something like this without explanation? Are you sick, over worked, broke, in prison, concerned that Brexit and Trump as President are signs of the apocalypse & hiding out, ....? What's keeping you off the slopes until Spring?

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                        I'm formally requesting video evidence if the barefooting is attempted.
                        Second, I too would want to see the video of this ... Millions of hits on YouTube!!
                        Boards:
                        2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                        2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                        2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                        2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                        2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                        2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait! It's that time of year I'm mountain biking with layers on and enjoying the crisp cool air.

I'll be riding my main setup, 2014 Blunts. If conditions are extraordinarily bad (and it's not unlikely here in western PA) I might bust out my Snowjam Phenom 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                            First you can't be a regular on the forum and drop something like this without explanation? Are you sick, over worked, broke, in prison,
                            Spending most of December & January in southern hemisphere on family matters.

Relocating probably in February or March (where to will remain a secret until it then).

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                            concerned that Brexit
                            and yes, that has accelerated the process.
                            Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                            Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                            Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

I'll be on RCs with my custom softboot backcountry bindings.

Just in the process of making another set, and my wife just got in a pair of Spliffs, so hopefully I get some runs in on those too...

Comment

Working...
                              X