X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yest another low blow "satire" to our chosen form of snow sliding

"Olympics Adds Snowblading... to 2018 Winter Games"
    http://www.tetongravity.com/story/cu...8-winter-games
    - Alpina Fatboards with 8-hole bindings (retired as shot-skis)
    - 2003 Line Pro with FF-pro (on loan to friend)
    - 2010 KTP Revel8 Receptors with 2012 Orange Receptors
    - 2012 Rockered Condors with 2010 Black Receptors
    - 2014 DLP with 2021 Blue Receptors

Copied the article here so they don't get the page hits

LAUSANNE, Switzerland — The International Olympic Committee stunned the world Sunday afternoon by announcing that it will be adding snowblading and quaffing to the 2018 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China. Reactions in the snow-sports industry were mixed, with some in complete disbelief that the fringe activities were finally being taken seriously after a long history of widely being considered “things to do when you're trashed.”

The groundbreaking news was revealed by IOC president Thomas Bach during a press conference. In his comments, Bach said that by adding the new sports, the IOC is aiming to welcome a younger generation into the Olympic tent.

RELATED: Olympics Adds Skating, Surfing, Climbing For Tokyo 2020

“We’re thrilled that by opening up the Games to younger audiences, they may overlook the Games’ corrupt practices, negligent public health standards and policies that generally favor wealthy state and private actors over normal citizens,” Bach said.

Snowblading World Cup spokesperson Harry Jones told TGR that the international snowblading community has been waiting for this moment.

“It's our time,” Jones said. “We’ve been laughed at — we’ve been mocked. But who’s laughing now? We're stoked! Snowblading is finally on the cusp of not just being a sport people make fun of, and do when they’re wasted.”

Despite the enthusiasm coming from the snowblading federations, a wide plurality of quaffing teams felt that the the new inclusion would be a bad thing and that the IOC was attempting to monetize and control a by-nature chaotic sport.

“Dude, fuck that,” renowned quaffing champ Dustin “RawDog” Angel told TGR. “Those guys [the IOC] just want to ruin quaffing. They’re gonna make us follow bullshit rules — we’ll probably have to drink fucking Stella or something.”

The IOC did not comment on the controversy, but when asked what doping standards the snowbladers and quaffers would be held to, Bach, to the surprise of media outlets, deadpanned, “None.”

“We understand that these sports have historically had a proud culture of getting fucked up.” Bach explained soberly. “So to honor their integration into the Winter Olympics, we’ll be encouraging them to be as intoxicated as possible up to, during, and after competitive events.”
    - Alpina Fatboards with 8-hole bindings (retired as shot-skis)
    - 2003 Line Pro with FF-pro (on loan to friend)
    - 2010 KTP Revel8 Receptors with 2012 Orange Receptors
    - 2012 Rockered Condors with 2010 Black Receptors
    - 2014 DLP with 2021 Blue Receptors

Comment

Sigh. Must be a slow week at TGR if they rolled this shit out in August. Maybe this was just an attempt to get their followers to come up from their basements and stop waxing their 235cm straight skis. That way they can get some sunlight and feel good about themselves.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

At least this one has some humor.

Ian's what about skateboarding in the Olympics. If they have to get drug tested and follow the rules is it even skateboarding anymore?
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I'm so fed up that they're not taking us seriously! done with It! I'm burning all my bright ski clothes right now!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
          rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
          ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Noooooooooooooooo!!!

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
            I'm so fed up that they're not taking us seriously! done with It! I'm burning all my bright ski clothes right now!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
            I'm accepting donations.....
            171cm/190lbs
            Current Favorites:
            RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
            Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
            Other boards I'm trying:
            Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Guys,
              I can't tell if you are serious or not, but we have to be able to take jokes around here. If a Jewish guy got mad every time someone told a Jewish joke, everyone would get sued or have their bank accounts emptied. That post was funny. Not all Muslims blow up buildings, not all Asians know karate, not all West Virginians date their sisters, and not all shorty riders are as good as Jack and Wendel.

teehee haa haa ho ho hee hee ha ho tee
              facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Okay, I'm being serious... we need to get together and do some riding this winter. I'm not sure what your plans are for the 16/17 season, if you have plans to attend Shredfest ? If not, I'll hunt you down this winter like a creepy skiboard groupie to get your autograph in Colorado.

>>)))°>
                rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Working...
                X